Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse oximeter screenshot for review pls.
Pulse oximeter screenshot for review pls.
Hi all - if you can provide feedback, I'd appreciate it.

This is an untreated Cpap night (I didn't wear it because it has been keeping me up with leaks, and thought I'd do an experiment with the oximeter). I woke up feeling great today.

From what I can see the desats are minimal and no lower than 93. The pulse is low, to which I credit years of running and interval training (which I still do). I do wonder if a stronger and slower heartbeat (from exercise) results in a lower blood oxygen level - curious if anyone knows.

I'm not overweight, and don't have any known genetic relationship to OSA. My untreated is typically around 7.9 - i'm losing more weight to see if that helps take me out of the "should treat" category. I've also been sleeping naturally on my side lately.

Is there anything in this chart that's concerning?

thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pulse oximeter screenshot for review pls.
I don't see anything in your O2 levels to worry about. How did you sleep? Part of sleep apnea is not being able to get through normal sleep cycles. Though it's not affecting your O2 levels it can still disrupt your sleep which leads to other heath problems.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2018, 11:15 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: I don't see anything in your O2 levels to worry about. How did you sleep? Part of sleep apnea is not being able to get through normal sleep cycles. Though it's not affecting your O2 levels it can still disrupt your sleep which leads to other health problems.

Thanks - agreed. I slept great, and feel great this morning. Had dreams etc. Is there an actually accurate device out there that can show how well someone is sleeping?
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing besides a sleep study.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 216 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,542 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 139 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Added an O2/Pulse meter to my therapy: Phaleronic 21 698 04-04-2024, 11:21 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,088 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 180 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 129 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.