Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Therapy Questions, EPR, CA, Low O2
RE: What is C Flex for Resmed AirSense A10?
My last post is far too sarcastic. I meant to say there may be a better way to solve the problem, and the lab really let you down.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider
My last post is far too sarcastic.  I meant to say there may be a better way to solve the problem, and the lab really let you down.

Thanks for your honest input.   Considering all things, i’m a bit surprised that I feel great with lots of energy regardless of what cpap settings I use.  A tech from the sleep center said something about I must have accommodated and just gotten used to low O2, possibly based on the questionnaire I filled out before the test.  Be that as it may, my heart and brain may be affected in time with persistent low O2.  My dr’s RMA did say that I would be getting an overnight oximetry test at some point to see how the 2L O2 is working.
"Freedom is the oxygen of the soul."
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the O2 supplement is great, and many people benefit from it. This is a good solution if it makes you comfortable and feel better. I think I must have missed something. Was there a previous study?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question, since you are from the Colorado Rockies, what is your home altitude and what was the altitude of the sleep study?

You had no REM in the diagnostic portion of this split study.

My take is they saw significant desats all night and chose to put you on supplemental oxygen as soon as they could.

I too would like to see what higher pressures do for you but the important thing is that you will be treated from this point forward.

Because of the low level of your oxygen desats if it were me I would purchase an oximeter that is compatible with OSCAR and use it periodically to verify the lack of desats. I would do this with or without CPAP just to make sure you are having no issue.

Once you have your machine and the oximeter, we can see what happens over time in your normal environment.

You are going to a place where all this can be both monitored and managed.
Post Reply Post Reply
After a night of sleep and clearing my head on this, I was just taken back by the fact this was not a CPAP or BPAP titration, but an oxygen titration. From that perspective, it was very effective in finding an effective solution to keep your oxygen levels at a satisfactory level at low pressure. Given that, adding an oximeter to your monitoring would be inexpensive and will ensure long-term effectiveness.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2019, 10:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think the O2 supplement is great, and many people benefit from it.  This is a good solution if it makes you comfortable and feel better.   I think I must have missed something. Was there a previous study?

Yes, one done 4 years ago.  I can edit the personal info out and post those.  With that history, it might give a bigger picture of what is going on.
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2019, 12:28 AM)bonjour Wrote: Question, since you are from the Colorado Rockies, what is your home altitude and what was the altitude of the sleep study?

You had no REM in the diagnostic portion of this split study.

My take is they saw significant desats all night and chose to put you on supplemental oxygen as soon as they could.

I too would like to see what higher pressures  do for you but the important thing is that you will be treated from this point forward.

Because of the low level of your oxygen desats if it were me I would purchase an oximeter that is compatible with OSCAR and use it periodically to verify the lack of desats.  I would do this with or without CPAP just to make sure you are having no issue.

Once you have your machine and the oximeter, we can see what happens over time in your normal environment.

You are going to a place where all this can be both monitored and managed.

My test was done at 8500’ and that is my general home altitude.  The sleep lab in my dr’s network is about 2000’ lower, so I insisted on the one at higher altitude and that is where both my sleep tests were done.   Bonjour, I did try the setting of 8 min/12 max with EPR 3 and posted charts on my “EPR question” post.  I thought this post should be separate with a different topic.  The higher settings made me really uncomfortable and it felt like I was being too pumped up.  Also those higher settings increased my AHI and reras and centrals, I believe.  BTW, I am looking at the CMS 50F, which seems to be the one recommended.  Not sure if it is compatible with OSCARS or Mac computer though.  Also will see what Medicare may cover for oximeters, if any.  I did have REM in my first sleep study and will try to post that report later today.  Thanks for all your help!
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
As a general rule, anything dealing with YOUR therapy should be in the same thread. That will maintain history. If you wish a Moderator can merge threads, or even partial threads and can even change the thread title, all you need do is ask.

Can you post some current OSCAR data please.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2019, 07:32 AM) pid=\309878' Wrote:After a night of sleep and clearing my head on this, I was just taken back by the fact this was not a CPAP or BPAP titration, but an oxygen titration.  From that perspective, it was very effective in finding an effective solution to keep your oxygen levels at a satisfactory level at low pressure.  Given that, adding an oximeter to your monitoring would be inexpensive and will ensure long-term effectiveness.

Hi Sleeprider.  I believe this was a second test for the sleep apnea, although I made my dr well aware of my O2 concerns.  Also made it known to the sleep tech, but he went by the orders.  An overnight oximetry test will be done at some point, I was told.  I made an app’t with the sleep dr in my dr’s network to go over my concerns.  It’s for Oct 10.  I will ask about how to resolve the flow limitations and Bilevel therapy.  But with fixed level of 6 and now an EPR of 2, aren’t I getting BiLevel therapy? It’s lower level, but lower settings are more tolerable.  All this is a bit confusing to me.  The doctor who wrote my sleep report did recommend further testing, most of what I have already had just recently, like the pulmonary test.  Was normal.  Am looking at the CMS 50F but want to see also what Medicare might have.  BTW, as I mentioned to Bonjour, my 8 min/12 max/EPR 3 charts are shown in my “EPR question” post.  Thanks for all your help!
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know that the flow limitations are much of a concern at this point. With low pressure, you are comfortable and the oxygen supplement solves the discomfort that might arise from the flow limits and altitude. A pressure of 6/4 with EPR 2 is bilevel to a limited extent, and as long as you're comfortable, and the oxygen supplement provides refreshing sleep, there isn't really any need to be overly concerned with the flow limits that left you feeling you weren't getting enough air.

If you don't mind, I think combining this with your other thread might be a good idea, as it will help future users that have similar problems. Again, I apologize if I missed the concern about oxygen levels in that earlier thread.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 60 1,030 37 minutes ago
Last Post: Little Olive
  EPR questions juniper 5 132 4 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 144 5 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 52 745 6 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 475 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 490 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 808 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.