Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Therapy Questions, EPR, CA, Low O2
RE: What is C Flex for Resmed AirSense A10?
Having just reviewed your other thread, It is entirely possible that with bi-level you MIGHT, just might, not require the oxygen supplementation. That would be because of the PS providing enough assistance to provide better oxygenation and better O2 Sats. This would be a good experiment. You NEED the supplemental oxygen at the levels you were titrated and you definitely do not want to continue with your treatment as you were.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2019, 09:48 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't know that the flow limitations are much of a concern at this point.  With low pressure, you are comfortable and the oxygen supplement solves the discomfort that might arise from the flow limits and altitude.  A pressure of 6/4 with EPR 2 is bilevel to a limited extent, and as long as you're comfortable, and the oxygen supplement provides refreshing sleep, there isn't really any need to be overly concerned with the flow limits that left you feeling you weren't getting enough air.  

If you don't mind, I think combining this with your other thread might be a good idea, as it will help future users that have similar problems.  Again, I apologize if I missed the concern about oxygen levels in that earlier thread.

Combining this with my other thread is fine with me.  No apologies needed.  No doubt you plow through a lot of questions on this site!  I haven’t received the O2 supplementation yet.  Still waiting to hear from the DME’s O2 gal.  My test results were very clear that I am well over the Medicare threshold for nighttime O2.  It’ll be interesting to see how/if the O2 affects my sleep.
"Freedom is the oxygen of the soul."
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2019, 09:37 AM)bonjour Wrote: As a general rule, anything dealing with YOUR therapy should be in the same thread.  That will maintain history.  If you wish a Moderator can merge threads, or even partial threads and can even change the thread title, all you need do is ask.

Can you post some current OSCAR data please.

Merging this thread with the EPR question is fine.  I will try to remember to keep my therapy in one spot.  A Moderator can call the merged threads “Therapy in the Rockies”.  Has a nice ring to it.  I will post some current OSCAR data this afternoon.  Thanks!
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Therapy Questions, EPR, CA, Low O2
I have combined three threads. The one that started as EPR questions, A thread about your upcoming sleep test where you discuss your concerns for low O2 from your first sleep test, and the one discussing the sleep test results with pressure recommendations of 6 and use of supplemental O2.

Keeping therapy questions in one place gives us the opportunity to review all the issues you raised and make more informed recommendations. While it may seem these are separate discussion, they are all about resolving issues in your therapy and are definitely related. This helps us not to miss important facts or even providing conflicting advise. Please continue to use this thread to report on your progress as you implement the latest recommendations from your doctor with supplemental oxygen.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=15222][attachment=15223][attachment=15224][attachment=15225][attachment=15227]
(09-05-2019, 10:18 AM)bonjour Wrote: Having just reviewed your other thread, It is entirely possible that with bi-level you MIGHT, just might, not require the oxygen supplementation.  That would be because of the PS providing enough assistance to provide better oxygenation and better O2 Sats.  This would be a good experiment.  You NEED the supplemental oxygen at the levels you were titrated and you definitely do not want to continue with your treatment as you were.

Well, maybe these charts that I will try to attach will give more info for you to consider.  I didn't seem able to remove the pie chart from the charts.  Maybe it is my Mac, but I thought I had removed it before.  At any rate, the latest chart from last night, Sep. 4, is the only one right now that was with EPR 2 with the 6 cm.  The charts were done primarily with 6 - 7 cm, but I also included the charts with the min 8/max 12/EPR 3 settings.  May have to make a couple posts, but here they are:
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=15228][attachment=15229][attachment=15230]     [attachment=15232]
More charts:
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply

last one...I promise!
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
Take a look at Supplier #19 for oximeters that work with OSCAR. These devices would probably show the most relevant information for your condition. Your AHI is reasonable, but flow limitation is high. We now know your O2 drops to very unhealthy levels, and that is really what you want to monitor. I think your thread should be a lesson to us all to get a handle on O2 saturation, when flow limits are persistently high. Your case really is instructive in an important way.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2019, 02:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I have combined three threads. The one that started as EPR questions, A thread about your upcoming sleep test where you discuss your concerns for low O2 from your first sleep test, and the one discussing the sleep test results with pressure recommendations of 6 and use of supplemental O2.  

Keeping therapy questions in one place gives us the opportunity to review all the issues you raised and make more informed recommendations.  While it may seem these are separate discussion, they are all about resolving issues in your therapy and are definitely related. This helps us not to miss important facts or even providing conflicting advise.   Please continue to use this thread to report on your progress as you implement the latest recommendations from your doctor with supplemental oxygen.

Gotcha.  Will do.  i am still going to upload the results from my first sleep test of 2014.   Dancing Dancing
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2019, 07:22 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Take a look at Supplier #19 for oximeters that work with OSCAR.  These devices would probably show the most relevant information for your condition.  Your AHI is reasonable, but flow limitation is high.  We now know your O2 drops to very unhealthy levels, and that is really what you want to monitor.  I think your thread should be a lesson to us all to get a handle on O2 saturation, when flow limits are persistently high.  Your case really is instructive in an important way.

Thanks, i have looked at SUPPLIER 19 and cross-checked with Amazon.  Need to check them again.
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 152 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 160 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 960 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.