Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Therapy Thread JubJubBirdy
Therapy Thread JubJubBirdy
]Hi there,
New CPAP user (43/F/no other health problems)  looking for advice:
I've always been an occasional sleepwalker with waking dreams, which were usually just amusing or strange, but over the past year or so these incidents took on a sense of doom and panic.  I would wake up standing in the middle of my room with a tight feeling in my throat looking for the button to push to save the world (!)  

So I began to think I might have SA.  I completed a Lofta sleep study and had an AHI of 12 and RDI of 24.  I got an Airsense 10 and tried a nasal mask, which was ok but tickled my nose, and switched to nasal pillows.  

I've found the transition easier than expected, and can usually keep the mask on all night.  I've had fewer panic wake-ups, but still do gasp awake a few times a night.   I've tried taping my lips or going without and don't notice much of a difference.  Just wanted to share my Oscar data and see if there's anything I should be tweaking or that looks off.  Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Therapy Thread JubJubBirdy
I think you need to raise your minimum pressure.  5 is too low for most of us.  Bump it up to 7, see how that goes, then bump it up more until you feel like your gasping for air stops.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 158 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,352 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.