Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Therapy numbers, lack of them, weight loss, etc
RE: Therapy numbers, lack of them, weight loss, etc
For a good read on how these Auto machines work and recommendations/precautions when self testing using these machines CLICK HERE The authors of this article are affiliated with ResMed so I trust it would be "from the horse's mouth", so to speak.

There are several other reference links on that site that provide good insight into CPAP therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2014, 10:00 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(09-21-2014, 04:29 PM)Galactus Wrote: Hey Guys and Gals, and Retired people even, seems AHI is down, and now FL is up. So what is that? I guess it is better than AHI's but what is it and what does it mean?

Ok......... Who are you and what have you done with Galactus' OA's?

I hired a few APNINJA's to be rid of it, they worked ok for a day or so but now it seems they are asleep on the job.

(09-24-2014, 09:39 AM)surferdude2 Wrote: For a good read on how these Auto machines work and recommendations/precautions when self testing using these machines CLICK HERE The authors of this article are affiliated with ResMed so I trust it would be "from the horse's mouth", so to speak.

There are several other reference links on that site that provide good insight into CPAP therapy.

SD that is an interesting read, and there are quite some other good links there. I am learning all sorts of new things. Thanks for that!

Ok, so here is my data to date, I've had a cold basically the entire week, and still do. I really think these settings are about as good as I am going to get. Unless anyone else has any other input I am thinking I will just leave this alone for another week or two barring anything unforeseen.

I also saw my PC this week, and he mentioned letting my sleep Doc know about the new machine, and the settings, something I haven't done till now. Just hadn't thought of it I suppose but hey can't think of everything.

Here's the data if anyone wants to chime in and anything. As always thanks guys and gals you have all been most helpful.

[Image: 2qwzww0.jpg]

[Image: fbgqci.jpg]

[Image: 2010dqt.jpg]

[Image: msm4oj.jpg]

[Image: 20zo01t.jpg]

[Image: 2ekkcab.jpg]

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2014, 05:39 PM)Galactus Wrote: Ok, so here is my data to date, I've had a cold basically the entire week, and still do. I really think these settings are about as good as I am going to get. Unless anyone else has any other input I am thinking I will just leave this alone for another week or two barring anything unforeseen.

Hi Galactus,

Leaving the settings alone for awhile sounds fine, especially since you still have a cold.

Also, I wouldn't want to get you in trouble with Archangle or anyone for changing your settings too often. However, I do have a suggestion for what to try next, when you are ready to do so, which would be to raise the Min PS setting to 3 instead of 2, and to post results after another week.

Your remaining events, as admittedly infrequent as they are, are still overwhelmingly obstructive in type, with very few central events. So increasing Min PS may make breathing easier for you and may improve sleep quality.

If you keep increasing the Min PS setting by 1 every week, eventually you will find it becomes annoying, or increases air swallowing or leaks, or causes central events to become predominate over obstructive events, or causes some other issue, and when anything like that happens you will know you have gone too far and need to reduce the Min PS setting back to the setting you have found you like the best.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Humm i've been wondering what those flow limitation events mean?
Otherwise your ahi is very very low.
With lots of water and some rest you'll kick that cold out in a couple of days Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2014, 01:37 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(09-26-2014, 05:39 PM)Galactus Wrote: Ok, so here is my data to date, I've had a cold basically the entire week, and still do. I really think these settings are about as good as I am going to get. Unless anyone else has any other input I am thinking I will just leave this alone for another week or two barring anything unforeseen.

Hi Galactus,

Leaving the settings alone for awhile sounds fine, especially since you still have a cold.

Also, I wouldn't want to get you in trouble with Archangle or anyone for changing your settings too often. However, I do have a suggestion for what to try next, when you are ready to do so, which would be to raise the Min PS setting to 3 instead of 2, and to post results after another week.

Your remaining events, as admittedly infrequent as they are, are still overwhelmingly obstructive in type, with very few central events. So increasing Min PS may make breathing easier for you and may improve sleep quality.

If you keep increasing the Min PS setting by 1 every week, eventually you will find it becomes annoying, or increases air swallowing or leaks, or causes central events to become predominate over obstructive events, or causes some other issue, and when anything like that happens you will know you have gone too far and need to reduce the Min PS setting back to the setting you have found you like the best.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Hi Vaughn,

Thanks so much for all your help, as always. We've come pretty far I think.

I'm not too worried about archangle, he's going to pick on me no matter what we do, it's just in his nature. He thinks he's better than us Smile

The only thing for me is I am sort of liking having my pressure down, and now raising PS means of course raising IPAP Sad But ok, I'll hopefully be rid of this nuisance cold in a few more days, then I can get a better set of results and then I guess grudgingly I will raise PS by one while I sob in my pillow Dont-know I want to be on record saying this plan doesn't thrill me, but if I'm going to take advice I shouldn't be picky choosy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok ladies and gentleman, fellow apneacs and interested, as well as uninterested bystanders, it's been another week now, and the results are below.

My cold is all but completely gone. Thank goodness, it was something I didn't need added in this mix.

Per the advice received here tonight I shall be adding 1 to PS and record the data.

If anyone else would like to offer any suggestions feel free. Thanks again in advance to everyone.

[Image: 23jpn39.jpg]

[Image: xmr7n9.jpg]

[Image: 14uaxz5.jpg]

[Image: 2upz7tz.jpg]

[Image: 2z3nu4m.jpg]

[Image: 2gvlkdv.jpg]

[Image: 73nrdz.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
Galactus,

What was it that you said was the problem that you are trying to solve with your PS change?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2014, 01:37 AM)vsheline Wrote:

Hi Galactus,

Take care,
--- Vaughn

(09-28-2014, 08:41 PM)Galactus Wrote: The only thing for me is I am sort of liking having my pressure down, and now raising PS means of course raising IPAP Sad But ok, I'll hopefully be rid of this nuisance cold in a few more days, then I can get a better set of results and then I guess grudgingly I will raise PS by one while I sob in my pillow Dont-know I want to be on record saying this plan doesn't thrill me, but if I'm going to take advice I shouldn't be picky choosy.

(10-04-2014, 11:36 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Galactus,

What was it that you said was the problem that you are trying to solve with your PS change?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Hi PaytonA, I was pretty much ready to leave it alone, as I say above. Then Vsheline who has been helping me all the way through made his suggestion. I didn't really want to raise it because I am liking it lower, but I figure he is trying to help so I went was planning on going with after the cold subsided, which it did, so I am raising PS. I was going to by 1, but when I went to raise it I saw I could cheat and only raise by .5 so I did that last night. Vsheline seems to feel if I raise it it will get rid of some of the other obstructions. I'm not so sure but I am willing to try.

That's where I'm at now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, so as directed I have been raising PS incrementally till I reached 4. At 3.5 it started to be a bit annoying, then I adjusted, at 4 it started to annoying again, and I have almost completely adjusted. It is still a tiny bit annoying, but no more so than say Retired_Guy poking me asking me if I'm awake yet.

Now the real question, based on the results of the data below does it seem like I am gaining anything at 4 that I didn't get at 2?

Here's the data;

[Image: 2u59spd.jpg]

[Image: w0nvxk.jpg]

[Image: oksju8.jpg]

[Image: mai4cl.png]

So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
It clearly shows two things:

1. On October 31st you turned into a pumpkin.

2. Not going to bed until around 3:00 am is a goofy thing to do.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 2 97 10 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,103 Yesterday, 12:24 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 235 Yesterday, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 386 Yesterday, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 13 427 Yesterday, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,378 04-18-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 607 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.