Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Therapy review, am I doing it right?
Therapy review, am I doing it right?
Hi everyone, I am a new user. Found this site yesterday and seems to be a wealth of info here. 

I have a Dream Station, i have filled out the recall stuff but no word from them. I buy my own cpaps used due to insurance being crappy. 

Any way, I bought this one a couple years back, used it with various masks, seemed to "tolerate' the dreamwear mask best. Stopped use for a long time cause i never felt better using it. Recently friends and wife have convinced me to try again. SO i am now trying the dream wear nose pillows. they are more comfortable, but not sure if i am needing a mask or nose pillows are fine. 

Also, not sure if I am getting good results. I set the machine to APAP, 8-20 pressure, and aflex of 2 i think. I use humidifier with heated tube on level 2. 

I attached two shots of OScar, all new to me. I tried to follow Wiki on which charts to share. Appreciate any insight yall can give me! 

Thanks a ton, 
Patrick

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Therapy review, am I doing it right?
Hi prussell82,
Thanks for posting your chart. Most of what I see is what we call Positional Apnea. See the Obstructives that are clumped together... this is from sleeping in a way that is kinking your neck or tucking your chin into your chest. This is like a kink in a hose that cuts off your air.

How do you sleep, side or mostly back? Do you use more than one pillow? Try to use only one thinner soft type pillow that will support your head and neck without pushing it forward.

The other thing is that your median pressure hangs around 11, and you are set at 8.5.
If you're willing, move your minimum pressure to 11cm. Keep the Flex setting at 2.

Try this for a couple days and repost.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Therapy review, am I doing it right?
Thanks for the insight!!

I don’t mind moving my settings at all, so I will adjust the min pressure to 11 today. 

I usually fall asleep on my side, my wife says I tend to roll to my back when wearing mask. The pillow I have is a tempurpedic pillow. I was questioning if it was too thick.. it has the lime dip thing supposedly for neck. I will try a more minimal pillow. 

I will post charts after a couple days of trying this. 

Really appreciate it!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 28 3 hours ago
Last Post: secunix
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 203 9 hours ago
Last Post: Jonkier
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 236 11 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 983 Yesterday, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dormivi
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 76 1,652 Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 81 1,665 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 98 04-23-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.