Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Therapy trace, second time at cpap
Therapy trace, second time at cpap
A short history. Gave up about 4 years ago after being diagnosed with apnea, what sort & how bad who knows because I didn't need to know and possibly the 'specailst' was not able to interpret the information. An initial setting of 13 and no adjustment when I went back for fine tuning. 5,500 hours of useless therapy as I was no better off with the machine. A trial of 2 masks, then told to make one yourself that's better by the equipment supplier. Little to no help, glad I have found this forum.

March 2019. New machine as recommended here, almost got the wrong one. Thanks.
Found a place that would actually fit and test the mask in house & permit change within 14 days. For anybody else, these places exist you just have to keep looking. (Sydney Australia)
New mask and software to be able to set the machine myself. A big learning curve.
As advised by Sleeprider, I have set the machine from the factory setting of 4-20 up to 8-20 and introduced EPR, the trial will be tonight. This will be my third night, no tracking last night as it needs the sd card.

Thanks  Sleeprider, thanks for taking the time to read the info. and provide much appreciated direction. Adjustments made.

the large gap was due to excessive light waking me & me thinking only 1/2 hour until i get up, then drifting off.

Improvements so far, not feeling like a daytime nap is necessary.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Therapy trace, second time at cpap
Welcome to Apnea Board, and I'm glad you started this new thread. From your other post, I had seen your events were mainly hypopnea and that pressure was moving due to flow limitations, which is a restriction during inhale. Your results are actually pretty good considering the machine is not optimized. The higher pressure will help stabilize your pressures, and the EPR will improve comfort and help you breathe more easily since lower exhale pressure and higher inhale pressure just works great that way. I think you will see a difference in your results and how you feel.

Take a look at this article on Flow Limitation if you want to learn more http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Limitation
Also this Optimizing Therapy thread is very good to understand the changes we often recommend. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ng_therapy Good luck and let us know how the new settings work out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking good.
A suggestion on your charts, drop mask pressure, add Flow Limits and Snore but shrink them vertically to fit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still leaking, but that should improve. The mask felt better last night. Showing events, but feeling much better than without the machine. The suggested changes caused a comfort improvement. I will give it a few nights so I can settle and adapt more.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,066 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 160 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 206 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,355 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.