Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Therapy using Lumis 150 ST
RE: Therapy using Lumis 150 ST
(04-19-2022, 11:46 PM)StuartC Wrote: I have a possible theory about the night of the 16th.  In the first period of sleep, I was wearing an Evora Full mask.  In the second period, I was wearing a Vitera.  Rubicon pointed out that low CO2 (over ventilation) mcould contribute to non-spontaneous breathing, so I have been wondering if the Vitera might be more effective at diffusing CO2 than the Evora Full?  

It's not diffusion as CO2 cannot pass through the components.

However there is a difference in the amount of dead space each mask has:

Evora full (large) 164.1 ml.
Vitera full (medium) 271 ml.

Rebreathing CO2 causes depth of respirations to increase.  Increasing dead space of the mask effectively increases your dead space so now your VA is different.

Can you record your changes and specific mask model (VD changes in the size of the mask in some models) in the Oscar notes for each night?  This could be an aha! moment but a lot of Dial Wingin' has been going on and it'll help to find the key with some good data (perhaps even in a spreadsheet--  mask deadspace, VA, RR, spontaneous%, or include those in the notes).

Another capnography and some electrolytes (specifically -HCO3)!!

Meanwhile why not match your "good" night set-up and just sit there for a while.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can hear what you're thinking...

"Evora (medium) nasal-- 26 ml. deadspace!!

That'll absolutely do something!!"

I'm sure it would.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2022, 08:16 AM)StuartC Wrote: you're in the wrong time zone.  

I'm also a notorious short-sleeping ASPD. 

I don't know why they call it a "D".

It's just me.

IMO everybody else is a "D".

Depends on your point of view I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, it will do something. It will change the resonance frequency of all those oscillating musical notes that you have been looking at!

I have been wearing an Evora small/medium except for the second part of that Saturday night. I was also wearing the Evora for the Learn Targets exercise.

I have been improving the quality of my notes progressively, but have some values that I did not record. Trouble is, of course, they are OSCAR notes, which you do not have. A spreadsheet is a good idea but might take a bit to do.

You are right, if I am going to try to consistently reproduce any night, it may as well be the good one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2022, 05:38 AM)StuartC Wrote: A spreadsheet is a good idea but might take a bit to do.

No prob!  I'll do it!!

Oh wait!  I'm the best sleeper I know!!  I don't need no spreadsheet!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2022, 02:08 AM)StuartC Wrote: While I agree that my RR seems to want to be below 13, I don't think it would help to change RR to 12.  That's because my RR really seems to want to be below 12 too.  I that short period just after 3 am, for example, it hovers around 9 to 10.  It is definitely a point to ponder.

So how's the ponderment on this?
Post Reply Post Reply
"A single spontaneous triggered breath resets the iBR to its background rate (two-thirds of Target Patient Rate)"
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: sNaO3N5.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2022, 05:52 AM)Rubicon Wrote: So how's the ponderment on this?

Why 9 or 10 instead of 13 like I have always done before I started stuffing around with iVAPS?  If is is because I am over ventilating, then why did I do better the night before with higher volumes?  And if I am trying to breathe at a RR of 9 or 10, how do I fit in a spontaneous breath to reset iBR when that is triggering the next breath before I can?

I feel like I am chasing round in circles, particularly with iBR.  S or ST mode is looking quite attractive right now until I can get more capnograph information.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2022, 06:06 AM)StuartC Wrote: Why 9 or 10 instead of 13 like I have always done before I started stuffing around with iVAPS?  

Asked and answered.

(04-21-2022, 06:06 AM)StuartC Wrote: If is is because I am over ventilating, then why did I do better the night before with higher volumes? 

NFI.  Sleep is a complicated process.  It's a ****load more than what these kids make it out to be.  More than just "decrease the EPR" or "get an ASV".

You need to be more specific about overventilating.  Post 20:

"with a Minute Ventilation of 7.00 to 8.00 L your pCO2 should be fine."

Or are you referring to making designer waveforms in Oscar?

(04-21-2022, 06:06 AM)StuartC Wrote: And if I am trying to breathe at a RR of 9 or 10, how do I fit in a spontaneous breath to reset iBR when that is triggering the next breath before I can?

Post 12:

"If you want more opportunity for a spontaneous breath to be initiated, change the back up rate."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 153 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.