Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

There Should Be A Switch...
There Should Be A Switch...
There should be a switch at the mask end of the hose to pause and shut down the pump.

Just sayin'.

Edit: A remote control would be good too. I have a $30 window fan with a remote so it can't be too difficult for them.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: There Should Be A Switch...
I don't get it. A remote control is one thing if the appliance is across the room. There would be no need for a TV remote if you sat at arms length from the TV set whenever you were watching it.

And with a CPAP you're pretty much physically tied to it. Heck, I don't even understand people that use the auto on/off feature. I really don't understand why any of the manufacturers even added it as a feature (bug).

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Ahh, but if you're at the far end of a 10-foot hose, it's kind of hard to reach the machine. Thus the auto on/off feature is a great idea!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
The auto on/off is very useful to me because I use the whole 6ft of hose for my set up. The box is 5 ft away on the far side of the bed. When I get up in the night it saves rolling over dogs or walking around with the air blowing the whole time until I can get to the switch. Same when I return to bed. Even though it's a little thing it's a significant convenience for me. I would not get a machine without it.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2015, 06:47 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I don't get it. A remote control is one thing if the appliance is across the room. There would be no need for a TV remote if you sat at arms length from the TV set whenever you were watching it.

And with a CPAP you're pretty much physically tied to it. Heck, I don't even understand people that use the auto on/off feature. I really don't understand why any of the manufacturers even added it as a feature (bug).

OMMOHY

You need a bigger bed!

I would like to be able to pause the blower while I re-adjust the mask, or scratch my nostril etc.

A remote just because.
Post Reply Post Reply
A few years back Respironics made a cpap that had a remote with it, didn't seem to catch on. Dont-know
Was called, Respironics Choice LS.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2015, 03:48 AM)player Wrote: There should be a switch at the mask end of the hose to pause and shut down the pump.

Just sayin'.

Edit: A remote control would be good too. I have a $30 window fan with a remote so it can't be too difficult for them.

Yours did not come with one? Mine did.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2015, 03:48 AM)player Wrote: There should be a switch at the mask end of the hose to pause and shut down the pump.

Just sayin'.

You have one, it is called AutoStart. On Resmed it is very quick to shut off when you take your mask off, and restart when you put it back on.

A physical switch at the end of a hose would need a wire to get there, now you have a special hose for machines that have it, or don't, something else to break, something else to cost more. A remote control would need a way to signal, batteries.

(05-25-2015, 06:47 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: And with a CPAP you're pretty much physically tied to it. Heck, I don't even understand people that use the auto on/off feature.
I guess if you are able bodied and easily can reach then you might have a point. However for me, I am not, and it is hard to reach across and why I use AutoStart which for me is a great feature, one that I've had on every machine going back 9+ years.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
Easy.......... "Clap on.... Clap off......."
Post Reply Post Reply

Just sayin'.

My S9 shuts off when you remove the mask. Just turn the auto start on. A lot less stuff for me to fiddle with when having to take a potty break. I only have an overhead light in my bedroom, no bedside lamp or one on the dresser, so I don't have to fiddle with buttons in the dark. It shuts off and starts up within 20 seconds.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,070 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Switch to AirSense VAuto for UARS/low AHI lexit957 1 299 01-22-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 515 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Waking at night with headache, switch from nasal to full face mask. new2paphopeful 1 625 07-23-2023, 07:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 On-Off Switch Fix Quantum Mechanic 2 4,718 05-22-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: foolio
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 9 1,093 05-18-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: manders513
  UARS: Switch from APAP to BiPAP? lattie 3 1,074 03-13-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: lattie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.