Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP...
RE: New to CPAP...
(01-17-2014, 05:35 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Feeling icky and trying to get used to your machine at the same time is a real pain, I do feel for you. FYI - I have found that I do not suffer as much when sick as I sleep much better with my dream machine when sick, I just crank the humidity to just before rain-out and breathe the warm moist air. (Just wash your mask more often when you are sick)

I'll have to try that with cranking up the humidity. It is set on 2 or 3 right now, so I'll push it up a notch. I've definitely been more dried out from the cold medicine and haven't felt that the humidifier was doing much to help that. Thanks for that tip Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Peter. if you can make it happen, use your machine because it is dangerous or could be dangerous not to use it. I have a lot of allergies and my nose is stopped up a lot. I am a mouth breather and I finally found a good mask (wisp nasal with silicone head gear) and I use a chin strap. If my nose is stopped up and it is hard to breath through my nose, I use my prescription nasal spray and I adjust my humidifier. hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rascalsmom,
You might turn your humidity up to 4 and see if that helps you. Cold meds do tend to dry you out, that's for sure.
Hope you get to feeling better, soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.