Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

There is a Fault in your Humidifier! UGH!
Exclaimation 
There is a Fault in your Humidifier! UGH!
So I awoke to a an Alert on my VPAP Adapt saying, "There is a Fault in your Humidifier" book says to discontinue use and consult DME.

Called DME and they said they will send me a new Humidifier. I asked if I could drive over and pick one up from them, because it will be a long weekend without one?" Guy said he would ask his Supervisor and call me back... well that was 2 hrs ago.

So my question is... Does anyone have any suggestions to help me make it through the weekend without Warm/Humid air, Mainly because I have added 3L/min Oxygen. That tends to dry me out pretty bad... Thanks for any suggestions!?!?

Thanks Chad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: There is a Fault in your Humidifier! UGH!
NasoGel® Gel Spray is a drug-free saline based water soluble nasal gel formulated with sodium hyaluronate to provide nasal moisture. NasoGEL® provides moisture to hydrate and lubricate dry and irritated nasal passages caused by dry climate and indoor heat. It helps reduce nasal dryness experienced during air travel, oxygen & CPAP use, as well as dryness symptoms caused by atrophic rhinitis, post radiation therapy and sinus surgery.
NasoGel® Moisturizer helps to alleviate dryness caused by:
• Dry Air
• CPAP machines
• Oxygen therapy
• Sinusitis
• Allergies
• Common Cold
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 03:52 PM)JohnNJ Wrote: NasoGel® Gel Spray is a drug-free saline based water soluble nasal gel formulated with sodium hyaluronate to provide nasal moisture. NasoGEL® provides moisture to hydrate and lubricate dry and irritated nasal passages caused by dry climate and indoor heat. It helps reduce nasal dryness experienced during air travel, oxygen & CPAP use, as well as dryness symptoms caused by atrophic rhinitis, post radiation therapy and sinus surgery.
• Dry Air
• CPAP machines
• Oxygen therapy
• Sinusitis
• Allergies
• Common Cold

Thanks JohnNJ... Going to see if I can get that at the local RX Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 03:52 PM)JohnNJ Wrote: NasoGel® Gel Spray is a drug-free saline based water soluble nasal gel formulated with sodium hyaluronate to provide nasal moisture. NasoGEL® provides moisture to hydrate and lubricate dry and irritated nasal passages caused by dry climate and indoor heat. It helps reduce nasal dryness experienced during air travel, oxygen & CPAP use, as well as dryness symptoms caused by atrophic rhinitis, post radiation therapy and sinus surgery.
• Dry Air
• CPAP machines
• Oxygen therapy
• Sinusitis
• Allergies
• Common Cold

(INSERT LIKE BUTTON HERE)
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Remove water tank, unplug from power outlet and detach humidifier and climate line
Plug the machine, attach the humidifier and try with and without climate line
Resmed say not place power cord close to the machine

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 05:34 PM)zonk Wrote: Remove water tank, unplug from power outlet and detach humidifier and climate line

Thanks Zonk, I just picked up a Brand new H5i from my supplier and he is going to send me a new ResMed’s AirFit™ P10 nasal pillows mask to trynext week... Pretty Happy, they were very nice and Helpful today! Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 06:28 PM)ChadIAm Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 05:34 PM)zonk Wrote: Remove water tank, unplug from power outlet and detach humidifier and climate line

Thanks Zonk, I just picked up a Brand new H5i from my supplier and he is going to send me a new ResMed’s AirFit™ P10 nasal pillows mask to trynext week... Pretty Happy, they were very nice and Helpful today! Big Grin

Must not have been Apria

Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
(01-17-2014, 07:17 PM)me50 Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 06:28 PM)ChadIAm Wrote:

Must not have been Apria

Laugh-a-lot

Me50.... lol My supplier is Classic Sleep Care out of Agoura Hills, CA they are Very Very Nice and Helpful and they have Great Goodies for there clients in the Office Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ChadIAm,
It's GREAT to hear that you have a good DME, that's almost unheard of these days.
Good luck with the new humidifier.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 07:40 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi ChadIAm,
It's GREAT to hear that you have a good DME, that's almost unheard of these days.
Good luck with the new humidifier.

trish6hundred, Fortunate that they are in a "RICH" area of California... Without good Customer Service they would lose some of there clientele. Plus all of us Californians are stuck up snobs and would cry if we weren't pampered... lol Wink lol
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 769 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 323 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 788 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 517 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.