Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem
There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem
OSCAR on my Mac laptop is fun, and there's 1.5 years of data.  However with the change to daylight savings time here, the CPAP machine would not let me set the clock ahead by oin e hour.  So I stupidly advanced the date and time, waited for 12 hours, and the machine wouldn't let me go to the new adjusted date/time.

ResMed said I had to "erase data", so I erased the machine data and put in a new card and set the date/time properly.

So there;'s now seven days oin the machine e display and hopefully the internal card.

May I have OSCAR integrate these seven days into the 1.5 years of data or must I form a new user and start over?  Thank you for your help here.

(It would be nice if ResMed had a "DST" switch helping with these two time changes a year).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem
There is a very simple way to deal with DST, or travel to a different time zone.

Leave the time setting alone.

It's hidden away in the clinical menu because you don't need to fiddle with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Huh?  But then two times will not be correct- - -   time of sleep and time of wake up.  But the #hours of use will be accurate.  How do others handle DST?
Post Reply Post Reply
The data doesn't even record when you sleep or wake up - just when you start the machine and stop the machine, no matter if you fall asleep instantly or it takes an hour or more.

If you are looking at a session read in for December/Jan/Feb or parts of March/Nov while the machine is set for DST, it's rather trivial (should you happen to care that much) to subtract an hour to see when you turned the machine on/off that night/morning, or at precisely what time a particular event occurred. In general, it just doesn't matter, so not potentially borking your data by being overly concerned with the clock time shown matching DST or ST is safer. Time of use is the only thing insurances care about (typically, time of use being greater than 3:59:59 per night for some percentage of nights) - nobody cares when you use it.

3:39:59 is "non-compliant" and 4:00:00 is "compliant" by that measure. 9:13:43 is no more compliant than 4:00:00, and 0:00:00 is no more non-compliant than 3:59:59

See also: DST warning thread  for "how others do it", or at least advice on how it should (not) be done.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent post.  If the n ew SD card has one week of new data, will that card properly update OSCAR with this new one week of data?
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR never deleted data, unless you make a very conscious effort to do so. So import from your new SD card.

On DST, I ignore it. I don't care if I'm off an hour.

On ResMed moving the time forward is not a problem. But you cannot move it back to a period where ANY data is recorded. So I just set it and forget it. I look at the recorded data to see what is going on, I never look at times except to say hey look at this chart at this time and see this that is happening.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much Gideon..  Oscar is fun and useful, and if it integrates perfectly when a new card with newer data, that's supreme.  Yes, I should have left the dial alone, but I've modified the date/time before and had no issues.  Glad I don';t have to make up a new user and glad the data can be kept continuous.

"Live and lear"
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2024, 10:43 AM)Gideon Wrote: OSCAR never deleted data, unless you make a very conscious effort to do so.  So import from your new SD card.

On DST, I ignore it.  I don't care if I'm off an hour.  

On ResMed moving the time forward is not a problem.  But you cannot move it back to a period where ANY data is recorded.  So I just set it and forget it.   I look at the recorded data to see what is going on, I never look at times except to say hey look at this chart at this time and see this that is happening.

On a separate but related matter, should I be using AirView?  Advantages  Disadvantages?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2024, 10:43 AM)Gideon Wrote: OSCAR never deleted data, unless you make a very conscious effort to do so.  So import from your new SD card.

On DST, I ignore it.  I don't care if I'm off an hour.  

On ResMed moving the time forward is not a problem.  But you cannot move it back to a period where ANY data is recorded.  So I just set it and forget it.   I look at the recorded data to see what is going on, I never look at times except to say hey look at this chart at this time and see this that is happening.

Gideon, a few dates do not show up on Oscar, yet they are on the SD card.  May I re-import the card without causing a problem?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Month's Worth of Data Not Importing to OSCAR jstro84 0 16 4 hours ago
Last Post: jstro84
  OSCAR Vs device data Siva 3 131 Yesterday, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR shows missing data for multi week interval Dawnstar 6 89 04-24-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: gardencat
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 154 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 980 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 324 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 295 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.