Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

They discontinued my Ultra Mirage II!
They discontinued my Ultra Mirage II!
Well I recently found out that my Ultra Mirage II nasal mask that I've been using (for 15 years?)  has been discontinued. I'm crushed. The only drawback to my mask is the forehead piece keeps my forehead kinda broken out, but there isn't a position I can't sleep in with it.

So I started trying some different masks to see what works. I have a bipap with a pressure of 11/17, which I think is on the high side. But I figured I'd try some nasal pillows.

I tried the nuance, swift fx, and p10. On all of them I felt air-starved, although the P10 was the best of them. I'm not even sure if long term I would have the position flexibility I'm used to either. So my first question is whether this is to be expected. Is my pressure just too high? My wife uses the P10 and doesn't have any issues.

Moving on, I also tried the N10 before and couldn't get it to seal well if I was on my side. I think I tried another one as well with similar issues.

I've seen the TrueBlue - does that gel help avoid my skin issues? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

I'm still limping along with my UltraMirageII for now - better to sleep with a mask near the end of its run than not sleep with one that won't work. But I will sure appreciate any advice or pointers.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: They discontinued my Ultra Mirage II!
Increase the pillow size you used on the P10. You won't feel air-starved.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2017, 10:07 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Increase the pillow size you used on the P10.  You won't feel air-starved.

Interesting. I have a smaller nose so they told me to try the smaller one. I tried medium and small on all of these and felt the same. I guess I could try the large and see what I end up with.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a F&P Eson on my side with a pressure of 15.  It seals well and I toss and turn a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the ResMed Mirage Activa Nasal (L) for many years. It was very good at side sleeping for me with the right pillow setup. (Gotta keep the mask from becoming buried in the pillow.)
Post Reply Post Reply
"...I recently found out that my Ultra Mirage II nasal mask that I've been using (for 15 years?) has been discontinued..."

If you heard that from a DME it may not be true. Until ResMed says it is discontinued, take it with a grain of salt.
DMEs are trying to force some patients to cheaper masks with higher markup.

They only thing I can find that is discontinued is the replacement forehead brace cushion for that mask.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Good call by JM! You might want to stock up. https://www.google.com/search?q=Ultra+Mi...8&oe=utf-8
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too felt starved for air until someone here suggested I upsize my nasal pillow.   I am using the Swift FX and where I was using a small size on the Dreamware I upsized to a medium on the FX after switching.  Wow what a difference!!!   I sleep amazing every night now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 987 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fitlife mask discontinued? Airbear737 5 1,659 12-10-2023, 08:03 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Any recommendations for discontinued mask? Nancykimt 9 963 10-12-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Nancykimt
  Mirage FX Vs Eson 2 mask jblkiller 0 471 07-27-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: jblkiller
Question ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV Discontinued? markgable 4 1,657 07-05-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 480 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  Mirage FX mask: Wide or Standard HappyCpappySmile 0 561 08-24-2022, 11:38 PM
Last Post: HappyCpappySmile

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.