Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

They put their grubby hands on my Machine!!!
RE: They put their grubby hands on my Machine!!!
(05-04-2018, 10:53 AM)Ron AKA Wrote: As a Canadian I find this DME system you have in the US very strange. It almost seems like having sleep apnea in the US is like committing a crime where you get a suspended sentence with regular parole appointments to ensure you are being a "good girl".

If you think that is bad you should try it here.
Touch your machine and you shall be dragged through the streets screaming and kicking and nailed to a post and rotten eggs and tomatoes thrown at you!
Not really, but OMG!  They treat you like a naughty child that doas not have a clue what they are doing and "No way should you ever touch your machine, after all you don't know what you are doing!"
Well, is it me that uses sh*t software to review the data from a card?  No, it is them and it is not very good.

I reserve the right to take of my own health when I can, when I can't the health system can take care of me.
Until then I reserve the right to do it myself.
After all, I don't run to hospital every time I cut my finger!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2018, 11:04 AM)JesseLee Wrote: Dreambreather,

I'm not sure where you live, but I use Patient Aids in Lexington off of Man O War. They have been good to me. They don't care what I do so long as I'm using the machine and my numbers look good. I went in the other day to give them information from my machine and asked if I could buy some filters. They gave me half a dozen and told me to have a good weekend. Also, my machine was new open box, it didn't come with a travel case. Patient Aids gave me a new one. No charge.

Brilliant, is that not how it should be?
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I was left for 6 years as I never had a problem, other than parts being required and machines breaking down.
I did have a few problems at the start, but I was quick in phoning them and any time I require something I am straight on the phone.

They only used to check the pressure and the hours used and give you a Epworth scale to fill in.  I was always 0 apart from once when I was working extra long hours, I was a 1.  Shocking that when you consider that some nights I only got 4 to 5 hours sleep at most for months.

I tried three new machines and decided to go with the ResMed as I was not going to be seen again for at least 5 years, suits me just fine.
Here you are supposed to be seen every 3 years to keep your driving licence, so I don't know how that works?
They said they could not leave me with my old machine and that I had to take one of the newer ones.  I had no problem with that.
I would have preferred the ResMed machine to have worked on 12Vdc, it would have made my life a bit simpler, but I suppose I can't have everything.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,400 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Suggestions for keeping hands off face while sleeping katez 2 468 09-16-2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: katez
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,869 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,343 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question When I snooze my alarm, wake up groggy and have high SpO2 100% with hands cold. MyronH 1 961 02-22-2020, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Out of the sleep clinic and into cardiologists' hands sheepless 3 1,120 06-23-2019, 09:13 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,792 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.