Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thin face, high bridge, lots of leaks
RE: Thin face, high bridge, lots of leaks
(09-07-2014, 12:52 AM)kfujioka Wrote: If you find a FFM that fits let me know. I need the same.
Kim

Kim, The last few nights I have had success with a simple solution. Retired_guy gave me some excellent advice. See his advice on this thread. I adjusted my FFM (Resmed Quatro Air) pressure down somewhat which keeps the mask from leaking and making rude sounds in the middle of the night. Note: I do use a Remzzzs mask liner with it. Then I went back to the basics instructions I found on the Forum (I think it is called "Getting a perfect mask fit .. Guaranteed). I followed it step-by-step. The instructions show you how not to overtighten the mask! Everyone does it. As soon as you do you destroy the conformity of the two gaskets. The bridge of my nose now no longer hurts at night. Wow! it was so simple I didn't believe it the first night. It is 4 nights later and it works. I am still working with the pressures in the hopes of getting the AHI's lower but the mask is not leaking and my nose does not hurt!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to all. Have lots of ?? DudleyDoRight 7 181 4 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 296 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 162 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 111 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 445 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 134 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 136 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.