Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Things OTHER than leaks/position that affect AHI?
RE: Things OTHER than leaks/position that affect AHI?
About the blue light there is a program F.Lux for your computer and smart phone that
will reduce the amount of blue light at a set time usualy at sunset. Then like Ed Seedhouse
I too need 3L of O2 with my cpap But adding O2 to using cpap comes with a hidden price
some of our apnia's may be a little longer. But some of us need it.

Then this is personal I have type 2 diabetes and a little case of gastroparisis this is when the
food you eat just sets in your stomach for a long time. But in my case this only happens if I
go to bed with a full stomach so digesting that meal may take me up to 8 hrs! Now here
is the funny thing if I go to bed with a full stomach my AHI will tend to be lower that night.
I think most people experience the opposite don't they.

Then there is exercise I tend to have a lower AHI the night after I get in some exercise.

And I don't do this and am not recomending it but ......-----Moderator Action: Link Removed
Post Reply Post Reply
Lock the bathroom door until YOU get up , drown the cat , shoot the aliens and above all don't bother with the Church ............ it is a waste of time and sleepSmile
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I don't have a cat but I have a bird and during the day I leave her out.
You may ask how I know she is a she well the day she layed an egg on
my shoulder was a little hint. But if I lay down and take a nap during the
day she may want to goine me but when she hears the air escaping from
my mask she makes a U turn. If I am already asleep this can even wake
me. So it's conceivable she is affecting my AHI some.

Post Reply Post Reply
Smoke from the annual fires in the West will raise your AHI. Changes in weight, head positioning (head curled towards chest). Some have reported increased AHI temporarily with a significant change in blood sugar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Plus one for higher temperatures. We have been experiencing a pretty hot start to the new year in Sydney, it is our summer, and I have noticed my AHI is elevated a little. Its pretty uncomfortable with a silicon mask wrapped around my nose, and I sweat fairly easily too. Come the cooler nights and it is all good again.

James
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 1 35 3 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 27 364 11 hours ago
Last Post: SheShells23
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 155 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 121 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 132 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 5 398 03-14-2024, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 86 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.