Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Things settling down nicely---AHI 1.28
RE: Things settling down nicely---AHI 1.28
UA = Urinalysis.... to the rest of the world Big Grin

To a hosehead it is a Unidentified Apnea

CA = Clear Airway
OA = Obstructive Apnea

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2015, 11:14 PM)SailingAway Wrote:
(02-17-2015, 12:08 PM)retired_guy Wrote: So I would leave the Ramp on for awhile, but with a beginning Ramp pressure of 6, and I'd set the minimum pressure to 8.

These are the changes I am making today.

BTW, I was just dragging my feet because several have said only tiny changes over weeks of time. As I mentioned above, last night was the first time I felt breathing was difficult for the first 20 minutes. I was planning to up the beginning ramp pressure up 2 as suggested.

Thanks for the help.

I look for stability. Sometimes that takes quite a while, and sometimes not so long. I also look to make small changes. In your case tonight, you are increasing your minimum by 2 points, which can sometimes be too much, but given your pressure results I think will be just fine.

Changing the ramp start pressure, or even whether or not you use ramp is more of a "comfort" issue than a therapy issue, so a big change (such as turning it plumb off) would not be a big deal to me. But, again in your case, I like the idea of leaving it on, just increasing the start pressure a little.

Depending on the specific circumstances I can tend to be very conservative, or very liberal in how I view what should be done. It's the same with my politics.... I'm an "ultra-right-wing conservative" with "closet liberal" tendencies.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2015, 11:48 PM)DariaVader Wrote: UA = Urinalysis.... to the rest of the world Big Grin

To a hosehead it is a Unidentified Apnea

CA = Clear Airway
OA = Obstructive Apnea

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

Thanks. I had checked the list but they are not the same abbreviations.

From the list:
UAI - Unidentified Apnea Events
CAI - Central Apnea Index
OSA - obstructive sleep apnea

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Sleeprider Wrote:
Looks pretty good. I would turn off the ramp and start pressure at 6.0 minimum. You're struggling a bit for breath when you're first starting, and that is unnecessary. These are very very good results for starting out. I'm impressed, and you should be successful at this

Sleeprider, How do you know this? Where or which graph are you seeing that shown? Flow limiting??

Last night for the first time, I felt I was struggling to breath for the first 20 minutes or so. I am bumping the start up to 6 tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, last night changed the starting ramp pressure to 6 and minimum pressure to 8. AHI shot up to 5.9. Don't really think it was related to the changes made. Woke up quite a few times mouthbreathing. Do you guys see anything else in there?

Did not feel like I was struggling to breath in the beginning.

[Image: L3WJNbi.png]

[Image: jDkr0Db.png]

[Image: PbTGGMQ.png]

Thanks as always!!
Post Reply Post Reply
actually it looks real good to me, your night seems more steady, and CA is probably first night jitters, now doing the wait 10 days, etc. will probably show gradual improvement as you adapt.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
You asked where I was seeing flow limitations. They are in the bottom graph, and you can see the spikes correlate with pressure increases and some of the events. In your most recent night, they did not exceed about 0.3, but on the previous page of this thread, the flow limitations exceeded 0.5. The most recent night being the most acceptable.

Also in your most recent night of data, the numerous events from 5:45 to 6:30 may have been sleep/wake related. Don't be too discouraged by the overall stats, as most of the night looked pretty good. There are some clusters of OA that could be related to sleeping on your back or REM sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with those other guys. Your graphs are looking great. Anytime we make a change, particularly to pressure, the ahi tends to go up for a night or two. Way too often when this happens folks panic a little and start making other changes. That's exactly why we encourage everyone to make small changes, and watch them for 3 to 5 years......

You are doing remarkable well. Congrats on that.

Post Reply Post Reply
Great data after a week!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the kind works and guidance. Thought I'd post today's results which wraps up week one. Everything seems to be looking good, based upon my understanding. The AHI is pretty good. Not sure why I'm seeing these Flow limitations, still some leakage, but nothing that's being flagged or tripping the events threshold.

Still not clear on what causes the Flow limitations? Any advice there?

[Image: ggEZi1a.png]

[Image: 0CJpGS9.png]

[Image: T633pw2.png]

[Image: BCAw6QR.png]

[Image: apdpRys.png]

This will wrap up this thread I think. Thanks again to everyone who commented. I am finding that although I'm sleeping less, I feel much more rested than before using the CPAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 53 938 Yesterday, 01:40 PM
Last Post: SheShells23
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR expert needed - out of things to try.... pezhead99 20 1,481 09-25-2023, 04:51 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Things Going Well on Paper, Symptoms Remain cpapnewbie18 1 437 03-07-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: jeffpack1957
  Need some help with a few things please Weegie 13 879 02-06-2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Weegie
  [Treatment] Five months in, things still aren't much better manacles 11 1,212 12-01-2022, 12:14 PM
Last Post: manacles
  Things Have Changed in the Last 10 Years... columbo 6 913 01-03-2022, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.