Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Things settling down nicely---AHI 1.28
RE: Things settling down nicely---AHI 1.28
I agree, you are doing very well and anything further would be unnecessary micro-management.

To answer your question about the flow limitations, they are the reason you need CPAP. All of us PAPers have those and the point is the machine suppresses their effects down to a level of insignificance.

Just guessing but I think your spikes in flow limitations seem to coincide with your spikes in leakage and I will surmise that you are doing some rolling around and your selected "changed to" position may not be optimal. In any case, it isn't all that significant at this point since you indicate that things are going well generally.

Best regards,
Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
That cluster of flow limitations are spiking your pressure higher. That used to turn into a cluster of apnea when you started, but with the higher starting pressure, they don't really get going before the flow limitation is addressed and you airway opens. Great results for one week in. You worked hard at learning what works. Great job!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep. Only thing left to do now is enjoy this marvelous weekend we've got coming up.

Good job!
Post Reply Post Reply
And that is what we are doing. Last weekend here in the states. We fly out on Thursday. Got the boys coming over today for the final visit with one of them.

Things have settled down nicely here. AHI running 1.5-2.3. Still showing at least one good leak (mouth open) a night, but I'll live with that no problem. Curious how things will go when we get back to the boat and in the different environment.

Thank you again to all. I'll stay around the boards.

BTW, just tracked my pulse ox last night. Import went well and 02 levels stayed 93%+, vs. down to mid 80's in sleep study.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 49 849 03-25-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 585 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR expert needed - out of things to try.... pezhead99 20 1,474 09-25-2023, 04:51 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Things Going Well on Paper, Symptoms Remain cpapnewbie18 1 437 03-07-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: jeffpack1957
  Need some help with a few things please Weegie 13 874 02-06-2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Weegie
  [Treatment] Five months in, things still aren't much better manacles 11 1,208 12-01-2022, 12:14 PM
Last Post: manacles
  Things Have Changed in the Last 10 Years... columbo 6 911 01-03-2022, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.