Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thinking of buying a new APAP machine - transfer modem?
Thinking of buying a new APAP machine - transfer modem?
Hello,

Long story short I didn't know better and so two years ago I got stuck with a non auto-titrating DreamStation Pro. Now even though I am on Medicaid I am thinking about buying a DreamStation Auto because I don't want to wait the three additional years to get an APAP that Medicaid would pay for (machine replacement only every 5 years unless medically warranted). The thing is, the unit I got from the DME has a modem; and I assume this reporting data back is necessary for Medicaid to continue paying for replacement supplies like filters and masks.

So my question is, would moving the modem from the Pro to the Auto be fine in this scenario? IE, will I still be seen as being in compliance even though I'm not using the exact machine they paid for?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thinking of buying a new APAP machine - transfer modem?
Medicaid does not care about compliance. If you've had the machine for 2yrs, they certainly don't care.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Go for it anyway, it is better for most to have an APAP.
Filters are not that expensive and all the rest is the same anyway.
When your machine is due for replacement tell them you will settle for nothing less than an APAP.
Get your doctor to write a prescription for an APAP just before it is due to be replaced.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I would not move the modem at all. It's your machine, and if you need a compliance report you can print one. Get the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset instead. I promise it's worth the extra due to EPR and better auto CPAP response. Be aware that significant discounts are possible. For example on Amazon a "Used Like New ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset model #37207 with slim-line hose and carry case is being offered at $385.50. If you can tolerate used, that might be a good deal. New models are $613 to $618.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 366 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,605 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 564 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 427 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,412 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.