Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Third Anniversary
Thumbsup 
Third Anniversary
Hi All.  I started CPAP therapy 3 years ago today.  It was very rocky at the start, but with the help and encouragement of forums like ApneaBoard I stuck with it.  Though I haven't posted screenshots of my SleepyHead data, or asked questions, I've found a lot of help here.  Thinking-about  That makes me a semi-lurker.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank all of you for being here and for sharing your wisdom.  It has made all the difference. Thanks
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Third Anniversary
I agree, it's a most helpful and beneficent group here, and I am grateful for the experience.  Congratulations for persevering.  Yuz done good!!  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2019, 12:28 PM)mesenteria Wrote: I agree, it's a most helpful and beneficent group here, and I am grateful for the experience.  Congratulations for persevering.  Yuz done good!!  Wink

That should be "Yinz" done good an at.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2019, 12:32 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 12:28 PM)mesenteria Wrote: I agree, it's a most helpful and beneficent group here, and I am grateful for the experience.  Congratulations for persevering.  Yuz done good!!  Wink

That should be "Yinz" done good an at.

A fellow Yinzer an 'at!!!   Dancing
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
Yous should use whatcha brung. :-D
Post Reply Post Reply
Yous should use whatcha brung.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2019, 01:05 PM)mesenteria Wrote: Yous should use whatcha brung. :-D

You betcha!   Cool
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
Fantastic! Way to go!!!

P.S. I'm a year behind you. It's my 2 year anniversary, and I owe my success to this board! I even told my urgent care dr the other day "I'm a bit of a CPAP expert." (when she had asked which kind of mask I use, and was surprised I had used 2 different masks in one night). I sorta meant to say "CPAP nerd", but it came out wrong. And I didn't correct myself because ya know what? Those of us that come here and soak up the info, we ARE experts compared to the average CPAP patient!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2019, 02:21 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Fantastic!  Way to go!!!

P.S. I'm a year behind you.  It's my 2 year anniversary, and I owe my success to this board! I even told my urgent care dr the other day "I'm a bit of a CPAP expert." (when she had asked which kind of mask I use, and was surprised I had used 2 different masks in one night).  I sorta meant to say "CPAP nerd", but it came out wrong. And I didn't correct myself because ya know what?  Those of us that come here and soak up the info, we ARE experts compared to the average CPAP patient!

Thanks, Hydrangea!  Congrats to you, too.  It's true, those of us who come here and soak up the info become experts, at least compared to the average sleep apnea patient.  I'm surprised at how many friends and acquaintances don't know which machine they have, which mask they have (even the type of mask) and what their settings are.  And they're okay with it that way.   Dont-know 

If not for ApneaBoard and SleepyHead, I might have given up long ago.
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2019, 02:30 PM)SleeplessinPgh Wrote: Thanks, Hydrangea!  Congrats to you, too.  It's true, those of us who come here and soak up the info become experts, at least compared to the average sleep apnea patient.  I'm surprised at how many friends and acquaintances don't know which machine they have, which mask they have (even the type of mask) and what their settings are.  And they're okay with it that way.   Dont-know 

If not for ApneaBoard and SleepyHead, I might have given up long ago.

Thanks!

And yes, so true. Many friends have mentioned to me their struggle (and giving up) with a CPAP.  I've very kindly told them I'd be glad to tweak *one setting* for them, and I'd bet it could be comfortable and they'd love it.  I have yet to have anyone take me up on it.  It's so sad.  (And I do tell them about this forum, too.)  And it just makes me even more grateful for the support here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Anniversary...well...almost. David Clark 1 447 12-28-2022, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First year anniversary; suggestions for stomach sleeper? kevinz 2 980 07-31-2020, 02:36 PM
Last Post: ardenum
Information [News] Apnea Board News 2019 - 15-Year Anniversary Edition SuperSleeper 0 1,289 06-05-2019, 02:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Happy Anniversary! VVVV 5 1,183 06-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  One Year Anniversary and Perplexed Spy Car 83 9,776 09-15-2017, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Spy Car
  Today is my One Year Anniversary on Apneaboard Forum SaldusMiegas 11 2,679 04-13-2016, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Four month anniversary coming up Galactus 3 2,005 05-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Galactus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.