Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Third night on cpap zzzzz
Third night on cpap zzzzz
Hello,

Last night was my third night on cpap and I actually slept! Thanks to all who left messages of encouragement and tips which I took onboard. My usage was 5.48, events 1.2, and AHI 0.8.
I don't know if this is good or bad.  I took the mask off and had a couple of hours sleep without it.
I felt a little more energised today than I have for years and I hope this is not wishfull thinking!
I trust I will keep improving as time goes by.
Thank you again to all who responded to my posts.

Best Regards
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Third night on cpap zzzzz
Any thing below 5 is considered non-sleep apnea, so an AHI of 0.8 is terrific. The best way to monitor how well you are doing is download Sleepyhead Software from the links at the top of the page. I am not sure what Resmed machine you have, but if it is one of machines that records data you will be able to see alot of data graphs and be able to tell what exactly how well you treatment is going. I suggest you read Roby Sue's beginners guide to Sleephead from this stie as well. You will also be able to post graphs from sleepyhead to this forum and get comments and sugestions from some real experts. If you don't have a data recording machine, commonoly refered to a brick on this site, try to go back to your DME and Doctor to get a machine that is capable of giving you the data you need. You don't want a brick, sometimes you have to ask loudly in order to get it changed!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your input. I don't think I can download my info to sleepyhead. I read somewhere on this site they are still working on the software. Glad to hear my stats are good. Thanks again,
Best regards 
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead software works very well! Many others here, including myself, can attest to that. I highly recommend you check it out. All of the information on how to install and organize the charts are located in my signature. Also how to post your charts here using IMGUR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kathy
Congratulations on your success. I have an air sense 10 and I was able to download and use both the sleepyhead software and the resmed software. I did have to buy an sd card since my doc is using the built in modem to upload the data. The links and instructions referred to are very helpful and easy to follow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,
I don't know where or what I was reading but you have exactly the equipment I have so it must be good. Thanks for the links and taking time to respond,
Best regards 
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply
Which model of the airsense do you have?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kathy

You live in the UK and if diagnosed and equipped via the NHS will definitely have the 'almost' latest resmed with an SD card by the side. The Hospital monitors us wirelessly and can even change our settings although I do not think they will have to do that for mild cases. Guys has 13k patients.

You can take the SD card out and download the data using sleepyhead programme which you can download from a link on the site here.

The experienced guys here will help you interpret your data and take control of your own PAP needs.

The very best.....

Apnea Infant.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed 10

Yes I have and SD card but will need an SD card reader for my laptop right?
Post Reply Post Reply
A lot of laptops have a SD card slot built in.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,132 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 880 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  New CPAP user - Longest night I've been able to keep it on bopbop 4 400 01-31-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bopbop
  new CPAP user night 12 .......runny nose Barbara Williams 0 350 11-11-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Barbara Williams
  [CPAP] Preparing for first night with CPAP (help required) applebee 2 432 10-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Night Guard use with CPAP brettski99 3 633 10-14-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: jstro84
  [Treatment] Low AHI/RDI with CPAP but still jolting awake every night boogiemoogie 0 487 08-09-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: boogiemoogie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.