Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thirteen years of CPAP - now failing again. [Central apnea]
RE: Thirteen years of CPAP - now failing again. [Central apnea]
Your goal is to get an ASV Titration. That is what you need to ask both doctors.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a reminder  Review this WIKI article.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...P_Machines
Post Reply Post Reply
I programmed my APAP to be a CPAP and set it at 6.0 pressure. I woke up this morning with some energy and a fair amount of mental clarity. My AHi was 25 but I did have a period of sleep that was without the green shading and probably the best period of sleep in three weeks.

How do  I set my CPAP for tonight?
Post Reply Post Reply
How do I arrange the order of my posted screen shots. If I have two, the second one pushes the first and makes it second. Do I attach them in reverse order?

From time to time I see a summary of my thread without all the disclaimers. How do I bring up a tread summary?

I have been studying available machines. I probably need an ASV due to high centrals and low obstructive apneas. I went to the ResMed ASV site and found this warning : "ASV therapy is contraindicated in patients with chronic, symptomatic heart failure (NYHA 2-4) with reduced left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF = 45%) and moderate to severe predominant central sleep apnea. "

What do you make of this?
Post Reply Post Reply
LVEF warning and ASV: you can be required to test for your LVEF percentage number via an imaging department item using an echocardiogram, an ultrasound test that records audio-visual of the heart. A cardiologist reviews it, writes a report on that. If you’ve got severe issues with your heart you would know that already.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure how LVEF got in the discussion. Several have indicated that that I need to see a carddiologist. I had an echocardiogram a few months back. Nothing shows.

My question is  why does a manufacturer say an ASV is not appropriate for moderate dominant central apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s good you’ve had a recent echocardiogram, but when you see your PCP on Wednesday, I hope you will report that you have what looks like Cheyne-Stokes respiration. This may suggest some other tests or referrals that could be helpful to getting you whatever treatment you need.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2019, 03:49 PM)tykelmice Wrote: How do I arrange the order of my posted screen shots. If I have two, the second one pushes the first and makes it second. Do I attach them in reverse order?

From time to time I see a summary of my thread without all the disclaimers. How do I bring up a tread summary?

I have been studying available machines. I probably need an ASV due to high centrals and low obstructive apneas. I went to the ResMed ASV site and found this warning : "ASV therapy is contraindicated in patients with chronic, symptomatic heart failure (NYHA 2-4) with reduced left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF = 45%) and moderate to severe predominant central sleep apnea. "

What do you make of this?
----------------------------------------------

"Not sure how LVEF got in the discussion. Several have indicated that that I need to see a carddiologist. I had an echocardiogram a few months back. Nothing shows."

My question is why does a manufacturer say an ASV is not appropriate for moderate dominant central apnea?

I was only answering your question on LVEF and that it has a tie-in with ASV recommendation. I'm not saying I agree with that test's findings or reasoning. My original answer was probably not a full answer.

Regardless, you've probably got another thing to consider and discuss with your doc on the possibility of CSR.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2019, 04:00 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: LVEF warning and ASV: you can be required to test for your LVEF percentage number via an imaging department item using an echocardiogram, an ultrasound test that records audio-visual of the heart. A cardiologist reviews it, writes a report on that. If you’ve got severe issues with your heart you would know that already.

It's not there yet, but it looks like this caution will be eliminated in 2020.

This originated because (paraphrasing) those with the worst heart conditions had the highest mortality resulting from symptomatic heart failure and LVEF<45% being the split.
Post Reply Post Reply
You bet I will.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 605 Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,527 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,407 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 618 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 865 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.