Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

This BIPAP is aging me!! :(
This BIPAP is aging me!! :(
I wear a full face mask for my BIPAP. I sleep comfortably. I am noticing it seems to be pulling on my eyes and I have definitely aged since using the BIPAP these last 6 months. My top eyelids have drooped and I have under eye bags!! Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: This BIPAP is aging me!! :(
Koosa44, welcome, good question, I was going to ask about the bags under my eyes each morning, mine seem to go either after a shower or by mid morning. I aslo use a full face mask and have a theory that it maybe the air being forced up my nose and because our eyes, ears, nose and throat are connected that it maybe forcing pockets of air into those sacks under our eyes. It doesn't worry me that much, I'm 51 so don't worry about my looks. They look much better than the black sunken eyes I used to have when I only got 1-2 hours sleep a night. Will be interested to hear what others think.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a thought, your FFM may be slightly occluding your lymph system resulting in bags under your eyes. It should go away once you are up and around.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Koosa44,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Just stick with it, it does get better.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 257 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 690 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd
  Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV VS BiPAP S/T? racprops 1 522 08-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  Can a BiPAP user use a CPAP if BiPAP not aviable? jdelcore71 6 1,174 06-17-2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
Smile [News] CPAP MAY REVERSE AGING? srlevine1 1 600 03-13-2022, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.