Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

This VPAP Adapt is beyond me, sorry to say.
S9 Adapt SV in ASV [EDITED: ASV Auto] (Automatic, Servo-Ventilator) mode allows
min/max EPAP
min/max PS

IPAP is simply where the machine winds up setting each of those, so the instantaneous IPAP is
current EPAP + current PS
Post Reply Post Reply
You know, I have those settings, too, on Sleepyhead. But I wonder if it's just some default description or something. I can't actually get those settings on my machine when I go into the clinical settings. Are you accessing your settings on your machine, or is that just what Sleepyhead displays?

I think we'll need Vsheline for an explanation, or else I'm just missing something, which could very well be true.

And yes, I hope more centrals show up so that we're not just cruising the sidelines waiting for our tidbits.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2014, 07:46 PM)jcarerra Wrote: S9 Adapt SV in ASV (Automatic, Servo-Ventilator) mode allows
min/max EPAP
min/max PS

IPAP is simply where the machine winds up setting each of those, so the instantaneous IPAP is

Well, I had to go look at my machine. I do have min PS, max PS, and EPAP. I have a Start EPAP, which I thought I read was only for where the EPAP starts out on the ramping feature, which I don't use. And my IPAP regularly goes higher than EPAP + max PS, so I guess I'm confused on that, too.

I have the newest model I think, 36067. Am I still wrong about what I can do with it?

Post Reply Post Reply

In the first clinical screen, the top entry is Mode >CPAP/ASV/ASV Auto
With it set to ASV Auto, the next four lines are
min EPAP
max EPAP
min PS
max PS

Set to ASV, you have only a single setting for EPAP, then
min PS
max PS
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2014, 08:05 PM)jcarerra Wrote: In the first clinical screen, the top entry is Mode >CPAP/ASV/ASV Auto
With it set to ASV Auto, the next four lines are
min EPAP
max EPAP
min PS
max PS

Set to ASV, you have only a single setting for EPAP, then
min PS
max PS

OK, now I get it. Yes, I'm in ASV mode only, which the doctor started me on, and where Vsheline suggests I keep it for awhile. It would be great to know if I should keep it here because I'm new, or if it's because it's the best mode for me. I suppose I could 'graduate' at some point, right?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2014, 08:02 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 07:46 PM)jcarerra Wrote: S9 Adapt SV in ASV (Automatic, Servo-Ventilator) mode allows
min/max EPAP
min/max PS

Well, I had to go look at my machine. I do have min PS, max PS, and EPAP. I have a Start EPAP, which I thought I read was only for where the EPAP starts out on the ramping feature, which I don't use. And my IPAP regularly goes higher than EPAP + max PS, so I guess I'm confused on that, too.

I have the newest model I think, 36067. Am I still wrong about what I can do with it?

See my correction...I meant ASV Auto, not just ASV.
36067 is the latest in the S9 line.

In ASV (not Auto), you don't get min/max EPAP--just one value to set.

And my IPAP regularly goes higher than EPAP + max PS,

^^ THAT is really strange. If you are SURE it is true, ask your DME company to check out the machine. Show them the data showing it.

I do have min PS, max PS, and EPAP.

^^ That means your mode is ASV, not ASV Auto.
(As you said in your post that went in whle I was writing this!!)
Post Reply Post Reply

"And my IPAP regularly goes higher than EPAP + max PS"

^^ "THAT is really strange. If you are SURE it is true, ask your DME company to check out the machine. Show them the data showing it."

Looked at Sleepyhead. EPAP=7.4 plus ps=5 (6-1) should be 12.4, but max IPAP =13.4. Over by 1.

Don't have a DME anymore, nor doctor for that matter. Insurance limbo due to being a long-term visitor in Canada.
Post Reply Post Reply
min/max EPAP
min/max PS

look a your pressure graph in Sleepyhead does it show going higher then your IPAP + Max PS settings ??
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2014, 08:25 PM)Whitewabit Wrote:
min/max EPAP
min/max PS

look a your pressure graph in Sleepyhead does it show going higher then your IPAP + Max PS settings ??

Yes, daily summary says 13.4, statistics says 13.4, graph looks like 13.4.
Post Reply Post Reply

(09-29-2014, 08:19 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote: ...Looked at Sleepyhead. EPAP=7.4 plus ps=5 (6-1) should be 12.4, but max IPAP =13.4.
Over by 1. ...

I don't quite understand your math here...
I gather you have
EPAP 7.4
min PS 1
max PS 6

That would mean your IPAP can range
from 7.4+1 = 8.4
to
7.4+6 = 13.4

which is right on what you said Sleepyhead showed.
Does this make sense to you?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Using VPAP During Waking Hours for Easier Breathing? gamegrrl 5 187 06-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dmeRT
  [CPAP] Resmed S9 VPAP S Difficulties fotog673 6 195 05-31-2017, 11:45 PM
Last Post: fotog673
Question A VPAP Auto has come to facility- is it current? CPAPreturnee 3 130 05-16-2017, 06:47 PM
Last Post: CPAPreturnee
  use adapt sv vpap with sleepyhead possible? john1951 2 207 04-25-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Smile Q: ResMed CPAP S9 AutoSet vs. VPAP ST ??? dubli 16 4,485 03-20-2017, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Frieda
  S9 VPAP adapt curious results. Am I alone? Ikabodkrane 11 476 03-17-2017, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] O2 Pressure/Diverter Valve with VPaP and ClimateLine Heated Hose? gamegrrl 7 358 02-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Last Post: gamegrrl