Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

This VPAP Adapt is beyond me, sorry to say.
S9 Adapt SV in ASV [EDITED: ASV Auto] (Automatic, Servo-Ventilator) mode allows
min/max EPAP
min/max PS

IPAP is simply where the machine winds up setting each of those, so the instantaneous IPAP is
current EPAP + current PS
You know, I have those settings, too, on Sleepyhead. But I wonder if it's just some default description or something. I can't actually get those settings on my machine when I go into the clinical settings. Are you accessing your settings on your machine, or is that just what Sleepyhead displays?

I think we'll need Vsheline for an explanation, or else I'm just missing something, which could very well be true.

And yes, I hope more centrals show up so that we're not just cruising the sidelines waiting for our tidbits.
(09-29-2014, 07:46 PM)jcarerra Wrote: S9 Adapt SV in ASV (Automatic, Servo-Ventilator) mode allows
min/max EPAP
min/max PS

IPAP is simply where the machine winds up setting each of those, so the instantaneous IPAP is

Well, I had to go look at my machine. I do have min PS, max PS, and EPAP. I have a Start EPAP, which I thought I read was only for where the EPAP starts out on the ramping feature, which I don't use. And my IPAP regularly goes higher than EPAP + max PS, so I guess I'm confused on that, too.

I have the newest model I think, 36067. Am I still wrong about what I can do with it?

In the first clinical screen, the top entry is Mode >CPAP/ASV/ASV Auto
With it set to ASV Auto, the next four lines are
min EPAP
max EPAP
min PS
max PS

Set to ASV, you have only a single setting for EPAP, then
min PS
max PS
(09-29-2014, 08:05 PM)jcarerra Wrote: In the first clinical screen, the top entry is Mode >CPAP/ASV/ASV Auto
With it set to ASV Auto, the next four lines are
min EPAP
max EPAP
min PS
max PS

Set to ASV, you have only a single setting for EPAP, then
min PS
max PS

OK, now I get it. Yes, I'm in ASV mode only, which the doctor started me on, and where Vsheline suggests I keep it for awhile. It would be great to know if I should keep it here because I'm new, or if it's because it's the best mode for me. I suppose I could 'graduate' at some point, right?
(09-29-2014, 08:02 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 07:46 PM)jcarerra Wrote: S9 Adapt SV in ASV (Automatic, Servo-Ventilator) mode allows
min/max EPAP
min/max PS

Well, I had to go look at my machine. I do have min PS, max PS, and EPAP. I have a Start EPAP, which I thought I read was only for where the EPAP starts out on the ramping feature, which I don't use. And my IPAP regularly goes higher than EPAP + max PS, so I guess I'm confused on that, too.

I have the newest model I think, 36067. Am I still wrong about what I can do with it?

See my correction...I meant ASV Auto, not just ASV.
36067 is the latest in the S9 line.

In ASV (not Auto), you don't get min/max EPAP--just one value to set.

And my IPAP regularly goes higher than EPAP + max PS,

^^ THAT is really strange. If you are SURE it is true, ask your DME company to check out the machine. Show them the data showing it.

I do have min PS, max PS, and EPAP.

^^ That means your mode is ASV, not ASV Auto.
(As you said in your post that went in whle I was writing this!!)

"And my IPAP regularly goes higher than EPAP + max PS"

^^ "THAT is really strange. If you are SURE it is true, ask your DME company to check out the machine. Show them the data showing it."

Looked at Sleepyhead. EPAP=7.4 plus ps=5 (6-1) should be 12.4, but max IPAP =13.4. Over by 1.

Don't have a DME anymore, nor doctor for that matter. Insurance limbo due to being a long-term visitor in Canada.
min/max EPAP
min/max PS

look a your pressure graph in Sleepyhead does it show going higher then your IPAP + Max PS settings ??
(09-29-2014, 08:25 PM)Whitewabit Wrote:
min/max EPAP
min/max PS

look a your pressure graph in Sleepyhead does it show going higher then your IPAP + Max PS settings ??

Yes, daily summary says 13.4, statistics says 13.4, graph looks like 13.4.

(09-29-2014, 08:19 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote: ...Looked at Sleepyhead. EPAP=7.4 plus ps=5 (6-1) should be 12.4, but max IPAP =13.4.
Over by 1. ...

I don't quite understand your math here...
I gather you have
EPAP 7.4
min PS 1
max PS 6

That would mean your IPAP can range
from 7.4+1 = 8.4
to
7.4+6 = 13.4

which is right on what you said Sleepyhead showed.
Does this make sense to you?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need to get Data from Resmed Vpap Auto (not the S9) wilkr 3 134 01-05-2017, 12:10 AM
Last Post: justMongo
  Resmed Adapt ASV question storywizard 7 419 11-21-2016, 01:02 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question [Equipment] S9 VPAP AUTO QT2U 0 216 11-05-2016, 12:27 AM
Last Post: QT2U
  resmed s9 vpap s faliure marcus112 6 521 10-21-2016, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Still struggling with Resmed Aircurve 10 vpap auto after 7 months ckingzzzs 2 448 07-18-2016, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Looking for some thoughts on VPAP use ckingzzzs 7 977 07-18-2016, 06:59 PM
Last Post: ckingzzzs
  Why did the air from my S9 VPAP Auto suddenly get very warm PaytonA 2 365 07-13-2016, 12:40 AM
Last Post: chill