Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

This VPAP Adapt is beyond me, sorry to say.
RE: This VPAP Adapt is beyond me, sorry to say.
S9 Adapt SV in ASV [EDITED: ASV Auto] (Automatic, Servo-Ventilator) mode allows
min/max EPAP
min/max PS

IPAP is simply where the machine winds up setting each of those, so the instantaneous IPAP is
current EPAP + current PS
Post Reply Post Reply
You know, I have those settings, too, on Sleepyhead. But I wonder if it's just some default description or something. I can't actually get those settings on my machine when I go into the clinical settings. Are you accessing your settings on your machine, or is that just what Sleepyhead displays?

I think we'll need Vsheline for an explanation, or else I'm just missing something, which could very well be true.

And yes, I hope more centrals show up so that we're not just cruising the sidelines waiting for our tidbits.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2014, 07:46 PM)jcarerra Wrote: S9 Adapt SV in ASV (Automatic, Servo-Ventilator) mode allows
min/max EPAP
min/max PS

IPAP is simply where the machine winds up setting each of those, so the instantaneous IPAP is

Well, I had to go look at my machine. I do have min PS, max PS, and EPAP. I have a Start EPAP, which I thought I read was only for where the EPAP starts out on the ramping feature, which I don't use. And my IPAP regularly goes higher than EPAP + max PS, so I guess I'm confused on that, too.

I have the newest model I think, 36067. Am I still wrong about what I can do with it?

Post Reply Post Reply
In the first clinical screen, the top entry is Mode >CPAP/ASV/ASV Auto
With it set to ASV Auto, the next four lines are
min EPAP
max EPAP
min PS
max PS

Set to ASV, you have only a single setting for EPAP, then
min PS
max PS
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2014, 08:05 PM)jcarerra Wrote: In the first clinical screen, the top entry is Mode >CPAP/ASV/ASV Auto
With it set to ASV Auto, the next four lines are
min EPAP
max EPAP
min PS
max PS

Set to ASV, you have only a single setting for EPAP, then
min PS
max PS

OK, now I get it. Yes, I'm in ASV mode only, which the doctor started me on, and where Vsheline suggests I keep it for awhile. It would be great to know if I should keep it here because I'm new, or if it's because it's the best mode for me. I suppose I could 'graduate' at some point, right?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2014, 08:02 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 07:46 PM)jcarerra Wrote: S9 Adapt SV in ASV (Automatic, Servo-Ventilator) mode allows
min/max EPAP
min/max PS

Well, I had to go look at my machine. I do have min PS, max PS, and EPAP. I have a Start EPAP, which I thought I read was only for where the EPAP starts out on the ramping feature, which I don't use. And my IPAP regularly goes higher than EPAP + max PS, so I guess I'm confused on that, too.

I have the newest model I think, 36067. Am I still wrong about what I can do with it?

See my correction...I meant ASV Auto, not just ASV.
36067 is the latest in the S9 line.

In ASV (not Auto), you don't get min/max EPAP--just one value to set.

And my IPAP regularly goes higher than EPAP + max PS,

^^ THAT is really strange. If you are SURE it is true, ask your DME company to check out the machine. Show them the data showing it.

I do have min PS, max PS, and EPAP.

^^ That means your mode is ASV, not ASV Auto.
(As you said in your post that went in whle I was writing this!!)
Post Reply Post Reply
"And my IPAP regularly goes higher than EPAP + max PS"

^^ "THAT is really strange. If you are SURE it is true, ask your DME company to check out the machine. Show them the data showing it."

Looked at Sleepyhead. EPAP=7.4 plus ps=5 (6-1) should be 12.4, but max IPAP =13.4. Over by 1.

Don't have a DME anymore, nor doctor for that matter. Insurance limbo due to being a long-term visitor in Canada.
Post Reply Post Reply
min/max EPAP
min/max PS

look a your pressure graph in Sleepyhead does it show going higher then your IPAP + Max PS settings ??
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2014, 08:25 PM)Whitewabit Wrote:
min/max EPAP
min/max PS

look a your pressure graph in Sleepyhead does it show going higher then your IPAP + Max PS settings ??

Yes, daily summary says 13.4, statistics says 13.4, graph looks like 13.4.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2014, 08:19 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote: ...Looked at Sleepyhead. EPAP=7.4 plus ps=5 (6-1) should be 12.4, but max IPAP =13.4.
Over by 1. ...

I don't quite understand your math here...
I gather you have
EPAP 7.4
min PS 1
max PS 6

That would mean your IPAP can range
from 7.4+1 = 8.4
to
7.4+6 = 13.4

which is right on what you said Sleepyhead showed.
Does this make sense to you?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,452 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 326 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 660 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 646 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 495 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  [Pressure] aircurve 10 asv constantly corrects me and i can't adapt Emtvalenti 7 701 05-11-2023, 10:30 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Treatment] Air curve Asv CPAP mode vs AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP mode (I don't adapt autoasv) Emtvalenti 0 412 05-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.