Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

This VPAP Adapt is beyond me, sorry to say.
RE: This VPAP Adapt is beyond me, sorry to say.
(09-29-2014, 08:32 PM)jcarerra Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 08:19 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote: ...Looked at Sleepyhead. EPAP=7.4 plus ps=5 (6-1) should be 12.4, but max IPAP =13.4.
Over by 1. ...

I don't quite understand your math here...
I gather you have
EPAP 7.4
min PS 1
max PS 6

That would mean your IPAP can range
from 7.4+1 = 8.4
to
7.4+6 = 13.4

which is right on what you said Sleepyhead showed.
Does this make sense to you?

OK, this could be where I'm confused. I thought the net PS being 5 would mean it could only go from EPAP (7.4) plus 5, giving a max IPAP of 12.4. So your method takes the min ps of 1 and adds to the EPAP to set the min IPAP, and takes the max ps of 6, adds it to the EPAP to give the max IPAP of 13.4. That would make the difference. I thought we were only dealing with the net ps, not the ranges of ps.

Post Reply Post Reply
That's it. You got it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2014, 08:42 PM)jcarerra Wrote: That's it. You got it.

Hurray!!

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
So you guys have one set EPAP plus PS and I have an EPAP huge range of 4-15. Wonder why?? Interesting.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2014, 08:16 AM)Buckeyedog Wrote: So you guys have one set EPAP plus PS and I have an EPAP huge range of 4-15. Wonder why?? Interesting.

Everybody is different in their needs.
Everybody is different in what their doctor orders.
Everybody is different in what works.

Also, you have to have a machine model that provides auto EPAP capability.

Post Reply Post Reply
So mainly just more flexibility? I mean it seems to be working pretty darn good for me so I'll just leave it alone. Thanks jcarerra.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2014, 08:16 AM)Buckeyedog Wrote: So you guys have one set EPAP plus PS and I have an EPAP huge range of 4-15. Wonder why?? Interesting.

I think it's that we have the same machine, but you have yours set to asv auto mode (which allows a range of EPAP), while I have mine set to asv mode (which allows only one EPAP setting).

So I'm wondering why our doctors set us on different modes. Maybe there's an advantage to one way or the other? Maybe I'd like a range of EPAP. Is that the only difference between the 2 modes?

I don't know how it would feel if my EPAP varied all the time. But then the IPAP does, so maybe that would be fine. And the fact that I have trouble breathing out against pressure might make that range more comfortable for me.

By the way, my AHI was .1 last night, with 10 hours of sleep! No air swallowing, great dreams. These adjustments have made all the difference.

Post Reply Post Reply
Side comment...
remember that long sleep time LOWERS your AHI, which is an average
(dividing by hours and 'hours' is bigger, lowering the answer),
given the same number of A's and H's.

I used to have clusters of say 30 OAs.
If I woke up right at the end, I could have an AHI of, say, 10.
If I slept the rest of the night, the AHI would be, say, 3.
10 vs 3 -- big difference.

Yet same number of AH's happened. The terrible cluster still existed/happened, but AHI of 3 could be called 'acceptable,' but the situation was not acceptable at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2014, 10:49 AM)jcarerra Wrote: remember that long sleep time LOWERS your AHI, which is an average
(dividing by hours and 'hours' is bigger, lowering the answer),
given the same number of A's and H's.

Yes, that must be right.

I had only one hypopnea the whole night, but on the event log it said it lasted for 54. I assume that's 54 seconds, almost a minute. That seems like a long time to not breathe.

Unsure

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2014, 10:53 AM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote: ...Yes, that must be right. I had only one hypopnea the whole night, but on the event log it said it lasted for 54. I assume that's 54 seconds, almost a minute. That seems like a long time to not breathe...

I had some in the 50's too before finding that putting a balled up sock inside a sock tied onto a belt to hold it in center of back--preventing supine sleeping--eliminated the clusters.

Note that the length of the apnea will not change the AHI number, only the quantity of them.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 313 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 626 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  [Pressure] aircurve 10 asv constantly corrects me and i can't adapt Emtvalenti 7 681 05-11-2023, 10:30 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Treatment] Air curve Asv CPAP mode vs AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP mode (I don't adapt autoasv) Emtvalenti 0 399 05-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.