Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

This VPAP Adapt is beyond me, sorry to say.
RE: This VPAP Adapt is beyond me, sorry to say.
(10-01-2014, 12:31 PM)Buckeyedog Wrote:
(10-01-2014, 12:21 PM)jcarerra Wrote: Don't understand the previous comment about shrinking the straps.
All of my masks have adjustments available by pulling off the Velcro, tightening the strap, then sticking the Velcro back down.
The P10 does not have any adjustment.

That is astounding.
How could it possibly fit different people?!

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2014, 12:52 PM)jcarerra Wrote:
(10-01-2014, 12:21 PM)jcarerra Wrote: Don't understand the previous comment about shrinking the straps.
All of my masks have adjustments available by pulling off the Velcro, tightening the strap, then sticking the Velcro back down.

That is astounding.

Yes, that's certainly the question. It's a matter of moving the straps around, using the shape of the head/hair to loosen or tighten as needed. My husband is using the P10 and it's all stretched out after only 3 months. So I'm trying to lower his pressure to fix the centrals while keeping in mind the leaks he's getting from the mask. He won't let me sew it yet. Sigh…

There are whole threads just on the P10. I didn't like them myself. The Swift FX for Her is great except for the blasting from the vent.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2014, 12:52 PM)jcarerra Wrote:

That is astounding.

I know......the key is I guess that you move the top strap along to different places on your head to make the adjustments! It is working out for me ok, but not so much for others.

Post Reply Post Reply
A pair of scissors applied to the straps, then a couple of strategically placed small safety pins works great.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2014, 10:48 AM)Whitewabit Wrote: I have yet NOT been able to wear it over a couple of hours though because of the soreness I have in chest/lungs because of the pressure settings being were too high at their starting points.

If I am unable to wear it without the pressure being lower what good will it do me .. I would think even at lower pressures then I need to have it set at eventually .. just to get use to it is the best option, the other being to discontinue its use, and I don't want to do that!!

No, you don't want to do that at all, stop using your machine. I'm in a different situation than you in that I don't have medical care right now so it's all up to me. And I tend to take more medical risks simply because I would be in terrible shape if I'd minded most of my doctors.

So for me, having the terrible air problem, I felt that air trapped throughout my abdomen and lasting for days was too dangerous to pussyfoot around about. And I was afraid of collapsing my lung. That's painful to have and to fix. My stomach was hard as a rock, so what was that doing to all my internal works? Forced air is not a natural occurrence for the body to deal with.

Since, like you, I couldn't use the machine, I lowered the pressures drastically within a month, making small changes every 3 days. Now I realize I could have made bigger changes and would have been fine. I'm still lowering. Why the doctors start out so high, I'll never know, especially with centrals. I think it's better to start low and work up as needed, than to start high and make us constantly call our doctors for permission to nudge it down.

(10-01-2014, 01:02 PM)retired_guy Wrote: A pair of scissors applied to the straps, then a couple of strategically placed small safety pins works great.

My husband is worried the pins will come undone and stab him in his sleep.

Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
removed goofy double post.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2014, 01:16 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote:
(10-01-2014, 01:02 PM)retired_guy Wrote: A pair of scissors applied to the straps, then a couple of strategically placed small safety pins works great.

My husband is worried the pins will come undone and stab him in his sleep.

Thinking-about

Mine don't. And they're pretty small, so even if they did they wouldn't sink in all that far. And if he's really, really worried about it, revisit that department where you got the HPA Lanolin? They have some great diaper pins with cute little duckies on them. That should work too!
Post Reply Post Reply
retired_guy, thanks for the suggestions, especially the diaper pins with ducks. I suppose it one's going to be a wuss about the mask, duckies are appropriate.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Doc oked lower pressures for me .. going from 4-5-9 down to 4-3-5 .. this has to work now!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2014, 03:30 PM)Whitewabit Wrote: Doc oked lower pressures for me .. going from 4-5-9 down to 4-3-5 .. this has to work now!

I see by your profile you're in the same asv mode with the same machine as me. Unless you're in the asv auto mode?

Can you tell me what the numbers you're being switched to are?
I'm thinking: EPAP=4, wait, now I don't know the rest.

Can you make it more clear, with headings, where you were and where your doctor is sending you? Otherwise I have to search through the two threads you and I have going on this air issue and our VPAPs.

And did you get your clinical manual through this forum yet? I swear, that's a lifesaver.

I'm so glad your doctor is working with you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,494 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 328 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 667 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 651 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 496 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  [Pressure] aircurve 10 asv constantly corrects me and i can't adapt Emtvalenti 7 704 05-11-2023, 10:30 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Treatment] Air curve Asv CPAP mode vs AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP mode (I don't adapt autoasv) Emtvalenti 0 414 05-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.