Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

This is why I shouldn't sleep on my back.
This is why I shouldn't sleep on my back.

25 MIN on BACK

Does this look like fun?

[Image: Fn1K0iG.png]

QAL Dielaughing
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: This is why I shouldn't sleep on my back.
QAL this may be a stupid question, but how do you know you were on your back?

Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
cheyne stokes?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2015, 09:31 AM)jcrpinto Wrote: cheyne stokes?
Hi jcrpinto,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2015, 02:15 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: 25 MIN on BACK

Does this look like fun?

[Image: Fn1K0iG.png]

QAL Dielaughing

QAL,
No, doesn't look like fun, so how do you feel today?? Bug-eyed
I find myself on my back early morning when I wake up. That's when I see
clusters of events on graph.
Something so comfy as sleeping on back causes us much concern.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@susan - I know I was on my back, 'cuz I chose it purposely for body comfort. side sleep hurts my hips.
@opal - I feel fine, my oxygen desats are acceptable and it is generally a small period of the night, the AHI for the whole night was 5.3.
@jcrpinto - welcome. on cheyne stokes, naw. these indicators pop up from time to time.
@trish - fyi the chart shows AHI of 43.6 for a 32 minute timeframe, from 12:58a thru 01:30a. I had 8 CA, 9 OA, 7 H, 4 VS2. Periodic breathing is highlighted for 1 minute. All the CA and OA were less than 15 seconds.

rarely, about 10% of the times I choose my back, I get uncorrupted sleep. so, I do try it sometimes just to test if some of my other changes restore back sleeping as a potential.

Last night I had AHI of 3.4 and AHI = RDI (meaning my RERAs were zero!) - a yahoo moment! Only the third time in my therapy, RERA of 0.0 last happened 01/05/2015.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your avatar shows a nice wedgie sort of a pillow under the guys head resulting in him sleeping with his nose higher than his belly button. Is that the case with you as well?

I love being able to sleep on my back. I never could do that pre-cpap. Now, I sleep on my back, on my side, on my head, --- whatever I want to do at the time. I do have a pretty good elevation change between my chin and my kneecap though.

As to hip hurting when your on your side? Yeah, used to do that too. Not so much now that I can flop around like an old guppie.
Post Reply Post Reply
QAL,
Aside from your chart looking like my foray into the stock market, you made the statement about hip pain while on your side. A thick pillow placed between your legs, for a better alignment, doesn't offer any pressure relief?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@sgearhart - no, it is pressure pain on surface facing the bed. I have thought about making some memoryfoam shorts to wear, except for feeling like spongebob. so you buy high and sell low, just like me?

@RG - naw, I get three pillows routinely. it arches my shoulders forward and bends me in two at the neck. Do you think that would cause any constriction? The best results pre-PAP was accomplished this way and then a sheet over the face. Puts me right to sleep.

QAL

disclaimer - none of the above post constitutes a suggested practice to PAP users or the un-treated.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2015, 12:49 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: I have thought about making some memoryfoam shorts to wear, except for feeling like spongebob.

Now that WOULD be a Youtube moment!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,975 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 522 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 934 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.