Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

This might be a dumb question.
RE: This might be a dumb question.
I don't always sleep through the night, but anymore I usually am aroused because I'm aroused...that's not a bad thing. There are many benefits to CPAP you may not have thought about.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP can be heaven or hell. Immediate relief for many, slow relief for some, no noticeable change for some, torture for others.

Remember it's not just a question of putting on the mask and being cured. Often you have to find the right adjustments. Unfortunately, the medical mafia tends to think it's just a question of wearing the mask, and any failures are the fault of the patient. Many of us have to find our own solutions to the problem of CPAP.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Been on CPAP 2 months. I adapted easily to wearing the CPAP mask and sleeping a good 5-6 hours a night. Always wake up once now for the washroom, used to be multiple times. Still getting morning headaches but they are far less severe as the sleep doc has now twice upped my pressure. Looking forward to them being gone hopefully soon!?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I had migraines until my OSA was diagnosed. The migraines stopped. I generally sleep great. My wife seems to know when my mask doesn't fit well; I stare to kick, struggle, and gasp.

Give it time. Read the suggestions here. You will find your "groove", and get used to it, and feel all the better for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for answers. I'm still amazed that in general people sleep through the night and then with all the potentials for disruptions that people on Cpap sleep through the night. I'm looking for some headphones to wear in addition to the mask I will be getting. Some that will work while side sleeping. I have also been prescribed some medicine to help with my anxiousness for awhile. I hope all these things help. Will a heated tube prevent rain out as my initial fear was drowning. I'm hoping looping it over the headboard will be enough and comfy for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't worry, you won't drown. A heated tube is a must (my opinion) and a hose cover, this makes all the difference.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2015, 11:18 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't always sleep through the night, but anymore I usually am aroused because I'm aroused...that's not a bad thing. There are many benefits to CPAP you may not have thought about.

Wait!... What!??Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2015, 11:18 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't always sleep through the night, but anymore I usually am aroused because I'm aroused...that's not a bad thing. There are many benefits to CPAP you may not have thought about.
What he said:sHa_biggrin5:.
I usually sleep 8 hours straight.
But after over a year if something wakes me after 6 hrs Im up. Wide awake alert and no going back to sleep.
I never had head aches like some.
I knew i stopped breathing in my sleep but nevet heard of SA or cpap.
So i just didnt do anything and wound up with high bp, cardiac issues, memory issues, all pretty much resolved once starting cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumb Question - Just nervous and want some clarification kc90 5 304 02-09-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Why are masks designed with holes? (probably a dumb question) fillmore50 12 2,790 10-28-2021, 09:21 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] Dumb question #1 MARrshh 10 1,257 10-09-2021, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Probably a dumb question... CactusJack 3 711 02-27-2021, 05:00 PM
Last Post: CactusJack
  dumb question, why do people wear cpap to read? Kryogen 19 5,330 01-17-2019, 03:59 PM
Last Post: picante
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,423 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Really dumb question LabDog66 3 1,277 11-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Ockrocket

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.