Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thought I had this whipped...
Thought I had this whipped...
Melatonin not working as well for insomnia as before.  Increasingly poor sleep (feels like I have only slept an hour).  Oscar stats seem to have not changed.  Could someone take a look and see what's going on?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thought I had this whipped...
The only thing that kind of sticks out is that your flow rate looks rough/inconsistent.

Post some 4 minute duration examples of your breathing so we can see if there is a reason for this. When doing so replace the pressure graph with mask pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
The fluctuating breath amplitude is a little odd, not sure if it is a periodic breathing issue or just inconsistent breathing. I dug through your original thread and see it has always been present, also saw that you have RSBD which I assume has the potential to be related. Is the melatonin sufficient to treat your RSBD? I know it helps many people but sometimes takes high doses.

I am not really sold that there is a breathing issue CPAP can fix but if you wanted to try things I would try either lower or higher PS (say 2 or 4) to see if either have an effect. You would have to focus more on how you feel, the data will likely tell us very little unless higher PS starts causes central apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
On another apnea forum, some folks found that taking Glycine, an amino acid that can be ordered online, helps them sleep better.  Here's a link to some:   https://www.amazon.com/Earthborn-Element...WNrPXRydWU=
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 967 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  The Nose Is Weirder Than We Thought Lucid 15 1,527 11-24-2023, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Diagnosis] Not sure/diagnosed but thought to have sleep apnea jvone747 4 698 05-08-2021, 12:11 PM
Last Post: sheepless
Question Artificial Intelligence: food for thought SevereApnea 0 698 03-21-2021, 01:36 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  3 days in - not as easy as I thought SleepyTexasGirl 10 1,825 12-22-2019, 11:01 PM
Last Post: ApneaQuestions
  Just a thought about modem in CPAP Robert121571 8 2,734 11-29-2018, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Robert121571
  Currents thought about titration study BrassCat 1 1,375 06-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.