Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thoughts about Philips CPAP recall
Thoughts about Philips CPAP recall
I own 3 Philips CPAP/APAP machines subject to recall and have yet to receive a replacement, but I had an unsettling thought today and would like to hear what others think about it.

Given public statements by politicians about the need to "get rid of old people" to facilitate implementation of the "Green New Deal", COVID nursing home deaths, the irregular processes used to approve emergency use of untested vaccines and subsequent failure to track the resulting injuries, and other questionable behavior by national government health agencies worldwide, is it fair to wonder whether the recall, which primarily affects older folks, is really for our benefit?

I'm seriously considering hanging onto at least one of my old machines until data concerning use of the new machines has been collected.

What do you think?

And remember, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.  Too-funny
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."

Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman philosopher, statesman, and political theorist
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thoughts about Philips CPAP recall
@FLsleeper7

The recall is grounded in hard science, and no company is likely to drive a mass recall using ideology, especially a recall that is extremely expensive, affects the bottom line, and favors eliminating their customers from the marketplace, 

As for keeping your old machine, you do so by accepting the risks of potential health issues in the future. Your call. Of course, you can attempt your own clean-up and repair.

If you must theorize about the motives of the current regime, driven by Obama disciples, remember that healthcare was to be managed by experts and was a cost/benefit calculation that disfavored the very young and the senior population. Especially when it pertained to entitlement cost containment of a cohort that was no longer productive (retired) and receiving benefits from an insolvent "trust fund" that was looted years ago. 

And, if you need a face to go with the theory, look at Bioethicist Ezekiel "E-Z Kill" Emanuel... 

WHY I HOPE TO DIE AT 75 -- An argument that society and families—and you—will be better off if nature takes its course swiftly and promptly

"Dr. Emanuel is part of a school of thought that redefines a physician’s duty, insisting that it includes working for the greater good of society instead of focusing only on a patient’s needs."

In the Lancet, Jan. 31, 2009, Dr. Emanuel and co-authors presented a "complete lives system" for the allocation of very scarce resources, such as kidneys, vaccines, dialysis machines, intensive care beds, and others. "One maximizing strategy involves saving the most individual lives, and it has motivated policies on allocation of influenza vaccines and responses to bioterrorism. . . . Other things being equal, we should always save five lives rather than one.

Best of luck -- and vote for those least likely to kill you with their political agenda!

-- steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
You make many good points, though many ostensibly profit-driven companies have made decisions incompatible with that motive. Thus, the "go woke, go broke" meme.

I am by no means convinced that my suggestion is true, just a thought that occurred to me while mowing the lawn today, where I let my mind wander and see what it finds.

Just curious what others might make of it (or, better yet, have personal knowledge of).
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."

Post Reply Post Reply
If you follow the business environment, you might see that the virtue-signaling “go woke - go broke” crowd were not driven by ideology, but by activists, the media, and their activist employees. The executives appear to respond to the fear of being canceled, losing their cushy positions, or being fired by a similarly scared Board of Directors. Other live in fear of being labeled a racist or shunned by their liberal neighbors.

Other than executives like Chouinard of Patagonia and Lindell of MyPillow, most executives care more about themselves than they do about our country or society as a whole.  

Funny how it’s the uber-rich who seem to take reputational risks with other people’s money to protect their own sorry asses. I no longer support Disney, Nike, Woke-a-Cola, or virtue-signaling entities.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
My Phillips System one 60 series, recall and was replaced August 2022, with I presumes as New Dreamstation as checked Compliance Serial No Plate's, has date on Motor June 2022 & Humidifier April 2022. So thinking is all good. But now thoughts playing on me with theory's and in question if is actually is a retagged refurbished date retagged date and what is to certify complies with New Foam??
Post Reply Post Reply
The original Dreamstations were white; Dreamstation 2s are black and a bit smaller than the originals.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,954 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,454 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,218 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 946 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,854 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,894 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 477 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.