Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Help interpret results?
RE: Help interpret results?
(01-21-2015, 09:02 PM)Skinny Bones Bradley Wrote: Trish I have red the earlier reply from surferdude therefore... Well you know. Water to the ocean.
My colors on the other hand are perfectly visible.

I would very much like to know why the white or very light green bars go off the scale.
And I do not understand the 90 something percentile.

Anyone ?

I do not see any light green bars going off the scale. I see white bars going off the scale, which is the maximum reading for each night. The light green bars are the 95% value. This means that 95% of the readings for the night were at or below the 95% value. This also implies that 5% of the readings for the night were between the 95% value and the max value. Of course, this does not give you any idea of the dispersion of these values. They could have all but one clustered close to but above the 95% value and one at the max value. The max value is not very meaningful for us. Your 95% values are all below the red line as far as I can see and that is good.

Again, I have looked closely at your leak rate chart and I see no light green bars going off the scale. In fact they all appear to me to be below the target red line.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I take it you don't routinely wake up finding the mask ripped off your face and lying across the room? The only reason you get off scale readings is because there was that much leakage sometime(s) thru most nights.

Has your neighborhood been featured on "Ancient Aliens?" Is there any strange bent grass sculpture, mosaics, or round burnt spots on your lawn?
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2015, 09:02 PM)Skinny Bones Bradley Wrote: Trish I have red the earlier reply from surferdude therefore... Well you know. Water to the ocean.
My colors on the other hand are perfectly visible.

I would very much like to know why the white or very light green bars go off the scale.

Anyone ?

Hi Skinny and welcome!

I'm far from a master at this but I'll share how I interpret those numbers with you.

The numerical values that the cpap machines assign to the pressure and leak aspects of the therapy often are confusing to some users. I think there is a way that can make it more easily understood for everyone. That would be to assign substitute terms to the numerical value so that they take on a more universal meaning.

Here's how I choose to think of those terms:

Median (dark green) = The Pressure That Would Work About Half Of The Time

95 percentile (medium green) = You're Below This Pressure Most Of The Time

Maximum = (white) You're At This Level A Few Times

The above color assignments are relative to the ResMed software and do not apply to the SleepyHead software. I like SH much better but to each his own.

My interpretations work for me and can help others understand the concept. Obviously they will not work for extreme cases that present widely skewed data but those cases won't be the norm.

I hope that helps you to understand what the ResScan software is laying out for you. It may help you to detect problems and report them to your doctor for evaluation or else do your own adjusting if that's your aim.

Best regards,

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2015, 09:02 PM)Skinny Bones Bradley Wrote: I would very much like to know why the white or very light green bars go off the scale.

Anyone ?

The 90% or percentile is the value you are at or below 90% of the time. If you think of your data as a normal distribution, the 90th percentile is on the right tail of the graph, with 90% of the values to the left (less), and 10% of values to the right (greater).

This number can be calculated for any data set, but do we really want to go there?

[Image: Percentile_90.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can work with that.

White bars above red line. Not good, Not bad.
Y'all don't have a clue either way!
Some even mention aliens!

Light green bars above red line. Bad
Dark green bars above red line. Very bad.

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
You got it, Mostly the white bars above the red line are caused by some action you took such as removing the mask while the flow generator is still running or by dislodging the mask for a short period of time when rolling over. Normally you can ignore that white bar so long as the other two are below the red line.

Best regards,

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,177 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 471 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.