Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thoughts after first week on CPAP/Question re: getting up during the night
Thoughts after first week on CPAP/Question re: getting up during the night
Good Morning everyone ~

So I've completed a full week on CPAP therapy. One thing keeps ringing in my mind - something someone asked me here a week ago when I first posted - how do you FEEL?

This morning is the first time I am feeling better. Don't get me wrong - I've always felt pretty good. Probably the most immediate difference on CPAP was the first couple of mornings I got right up and didn't linger in bed. But I think that was more psychological than physiological.

I think my numbers are great - between .03-.05 (with a high of .08 and a low of 0).

My question is I still get up at night to pee - just once per night - I think out of the eight nights I've been using the machine there has only been one or two I haven't gotten up. I'm not sure if I just awoke and since I was awake I went to the bathroom - I'm going to have to pay more attention. I did drink a glass of water before going to bed.

Among all the other things - stats, equipment fitting etc. is sleeping through the night for 7 hours or so and not awakening a goal?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thoughts after first week on CPAP/Question re: getting up during the night
Waking up once a night to go to the bathroom is normal even for non-apnea folks. Mrs. R_G gets up once or twice as an example, and she is not a candidate for cpap.

I actually prefer the nights when I get up once so that the mornings aren't such a mad dash anymore.

It sounds like you are doing extremely well. Congrats on that.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thoughts after first week on CPAP/Question re: getting up during the night
Sounds ok. Most guys that I know of my age would think once a night was doing well.Bigwink

I occasionally sleep right through but wake at least once a night.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thoughts after first week on CPAP/Question getting up during the night
(01-22-2015, 11:06 AM)Sparkle Wrote: Good Morning everyone ~

So I've completed a full week on CPAP therapy. One thing keeps ringing in my mind - something someone asked me here a week ago when I first posted - how do you FEEL?

This morning is the first time I am feeling better. Don't get me wrong - I've always felt pretty good. Probably the most immediate difference on CPAP was the first couple of mornings I got right up and didn't linger in bed. But I think that was more psychological than physiological.

I think my numbers are great - between .03-.05 (with a high of .08 and a low of 0).

My question is I still get up at night to pee - just once per night - I think out of the eight nights I've been using the machine there has only been one or two I haven't gotten up. I'm not sure if I just awoke and since I was awake I went to the bathroom - I'm going to have to pay more attention. I did drink a glass of water before going to bed.

Among all the other things - stats, equipment fitting etc. is sleeping through the night for 7 hours or so and not awakening a goal?

Sparkle,
Like you when I started I would get up 1 -2 times per night and yes I would drink water up til bed time, but after a few weeks (I started middle of November) It does improve, last weekend I had slept for 12 hrs straight and didn't need to pee once. I've never sleep that long, it was like 2 nights worth for me, I am a 1958 model so That's is pretty good.
I'm sure as time goes on you'll notice it will improve.
Happy Sleeping Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2015, 12:47 PM)BigEars Wrote: Sounds ok. Most guys that I know of my age would think once a night was doing well.Bigwink

I occasionally sleep right through but wake at least once a night.

Haha Smile Its funny that when we get to our age how the topics of our table talk has changed lol.
Post Reply Post Reply

Sparkle,
Like you when I started I would get up 1 -2 times per night and yes I would drink water up til bed time, but after a few weeks (I started middle of November) It does improve, last weekend I had slept for 12 hrs straight and didn't need to pee once. I've never sleep that long, it was like 2 nights worth for me, I am a 1958 model so That's is pretty good.
I'm sure as time goes on you'll notice it will improve.
Happy Sleeping Smile
[/quote]

Thanks Van! This is so helpful - I am getting adjusted more and more each day. I have been going to bed at 9pm or so the last couple of nights and it feels good to be in bed (despite the mask) and know that I'm making strides toward better health. At recent dr. appts. it has been noted that my blood pressure was higher - I'm really hoping to see if the CPAP makes a difference - that will be a huge plus if it does.

Congrats on your 12 hour sleep - sounds wonderful! I'm a 1958 model too!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 487 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,135 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 203 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 223 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 883 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.