Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thoughts on OSCAR Data and Memory Loss
Thoughts on OSCAR Data and Memory Loss
I just started CPAP therapy last week, looking for some feedback in my numbers and what you would change. Also, has anyone had memory loss due to apnea? My memory used to be impeccable but lately I find myself forgetting conversations right after I've had them. This started about 4 months ago. Is it possible it will come back in time?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thoughts on OSCAR Data and Memory Loss
We can’t really see much with the views you posted. There is a link I have at the bottom of the post “organizing charts”. In that post is more about Oscar you may want to look at to see how to give charts we can use to help.

Use F12 for formatting
Use daily chart not zoomed in
Use the charts in the signature. To set it up you can go to view at the top my left of Oscar.

If EPR does not show up in the left column, tell us what you have it set to and if it is full time or just during ramp. Andcramp time.

There will be help as soon as we can see all of the data.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tips, hope this is better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok i guess there was no attachments

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Re: memory loss -- You may wish to read "Why Sleep Apnea Can Cause Memory Problems Earlier in Life" at https://health.clevelandclinic.org/if-yo...r-in-life/.

I would suggest you speak with your physician regarding your memory loss.
How is your nocturnal oxygenation? If you are not measuring SpO2, you may wish to get an inexpensive pulse-oximeter unit with recording capability. My goto guy is Kevin Cooper at Supplier #19 (in the Supplier list in the black ribbon above). Knowledgeable with good pricing and superb customer service.

Best wishes.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestion. O2 even before diagnosis never dipped below 92 and averaged 95. Do you see anything in the OSCAR screenshots that’s of concern?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Apnea therapy stats look fine. I just wonder about how healthy it is to sleep over 11 hours. As for the memory and other health issues Apnea causes, they should be reversible with time.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The comment about SpO2 was a general one and not based on your particular data. The reason for the comment was that I was surprised to learn that, despite an ok sleep test, I was de-sating during sleep on my back and then being groggy upon awakening.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 149 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.