Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New diagnosis, 3 weeks with CPAP
RE: New diagnosis, 3 weeks with CPAP
Thank you, Fred. Done.

I found one of your previous posts to be most helpful in regards to understanding CO2 washout.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid314246
Post Reply Post Reply
I awoke this morning and hit the top button of the AirSense to see how long I had slept. Five and a half hours, that's good. I saw some strange digits in the area of the AHI display. I held my folded glasses up to my eyes and saw a 0.0 AHI. I smiled and tried to go back to sleep. No chance. I took off my P30i, undid the velcro of my new Eliminator snore collar, ejected the SD card and headed for the laptop and fired up OSCAR to see what the data for an AHI of zero.zero looks like. Awesome. 

Thank you all for your help. My experience with CPAP would have been much different without you!

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! You have come a heck of a long way—congratulations!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2019, 09:44 AM)Dormeo Wrote: Wow!  You have come a heck of a long way—congratulations!

Thank you, Dormeo. As you said, we'll have the occasional meh night, but we should keep our eye on the general trend. Last night was a good one!
Post Reply Post Reply
So the secrets to your success?
  1. Soft cervical collar
  2. Switch from Philips Dreamstation to Resmed Autoset
  3. Fixed pressure, no EPR
  4. Good attitude and sticking with it
  5. Great advise from Bonjour
This looks a lot like the examples in the Soft Cervical Collar wiki.

Before:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15728]

After:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=17212]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2019, 10:48 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: So the secrets to your success?
  1. Soft cervical collar
  2. Switch from Philips Dreamstation to Resmed Autoset
  3. Fixed pressure, no EPR
  4. Good attitude and sticking with it
  5. Great advise from Bonjour
This looks a lot like the examples in the Soft Cervical Collar wiki.

Yes, that’s the secret!

For the benefit of others, I had been using a traditional soft cervical collar but I find that the Eliminator collar is much more comfortable and in addition to keeping my chin from tucking it keeps my mouth closed all night. I don’t think it would work very well during the day though. Sigh. 

Thank you for your help along the way, Sleeprider.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 326 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 203 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Diagnosis question Timlondonparis 3 186 03-18-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Timlondonparis
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 732 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,511 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] Didn't know this existed. Hi! And diagnosis please smgemd 6 253 03-07-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.