Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thoughts on my Auto Data?
Thoughts on my Auto Data?
I've been on the tail end of moving cross-country.  And I've been drinking a margarita or 2 each night.  So surely that doesn't help my sleep. BUT...

I've been on the Auto with a 6-12 range for a little over a week, and consistently on the DreamWear for a week now. (Switching back and forth between the Amara View was giving inconsistency in my results.)

So I thought I'd ask what you think of my data. Should I change the pressure range?

Here's one night that seemed representative:
[Image: pafjQHx.jpg]

And here's my summary/stats:
[Image: 9XxS5Ne.jpg]

Hopefully those links work. Doing it from my phone is a real pain, and isn't the same was from the PC. (I don't currently have internet for my PC quite yet.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thoughts on my Auto Data?
Your numbers look pretty good.  I wouldn't change anything until you get settled in your new place, including the margaritas.   Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not bad. I'm thinking 6.0 minimum, 6.0 maximim no flex.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To take screenshots of your data, put down the phone, and use the F12 key (screenshot), and upload the file from your documents/sleepyhead/screenshots directory.  Directions are in my signature.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Hydrangea,
; I hope you are able to get settled in your new place, soon; that is really stressful to move so far. It was stressful for my husband and me to move roughly 250 miles within a state, much less moving cross-country.
Go easy on too many changes, 'till you get settled.
Good luck with your move.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the encouragement, all.   Thanks 

I recently put my min pressure down from 7 to 6, to see if it might help decrease my daytime ear pain.  (Time will tell.)  I also decreased my exhale support... because I'm a tinkerer, and to see if it may help reduce the Hypopneas (I felt like I was getting too many).  (I don't know if I gleaned that somewhere, or made it up.)

Thanks for the advice on the margaritas, OpalRose.  I had a grande tonight!  :-)

As I was looking at last night's sleep, and pondering AHI factors, I am curious... how can I find out the length of an H, CA, O, etc.?  

Here's last night's screenshot.  I bought a buckwheat pillow from Amazon, and WOW my body didn't move all night!  I was on my back for quite a while.  Then I moved to my side - either when the events started, or maybe that caused the start of events??  And then throughout the more wakeful AM hours (thanks to dogs, kids, husband, etc.) I tossed and turned, alternating back and side sleeping.  But when I slept, between my faux tempurpedic mattress and this awesome pillow, I did not move!

P.S.  Spell check wants to correct tempurpedic to pedicurist.  Hmmm...

[Image: nYEY6q3l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2017, 10:16 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: As I was looking at last night's sleep, and pondering AHI factors, I am curious... how can I find out the length of an H, CA, O, etc.?  

If you move the cursor over an event in the Event Flags, it will show the length in seconds in parenthesis.  I am not sure that number is fully accurate. I see 8 and 9 for some of mine which is below the 10 at which scoring should start.  If you put the cursor just to the left of an event in the Flow Rate graph, it will highlight the portion of the graph that corresponds to the event.

Enjoy!
Post Reply Post Reply
I would go to a setting of Auto mode with max=min=8cm with Aflex ON at any setting of 1,2 or 3.

The flex will help taking care of the residual hypopneas.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2017, 10:46 PM)chill Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 10:16 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: As I was looking at last night's sleep, and pondering AHI factors, I am curious... how can I find out the length of an H, CA, O, etc.?  

If you move the cursor over an event in the Event Flags, it will show the length in seconds in parenthesis.  I am not sure that number is fully accurate. I see 8 and 9 for some of mine which is below the 10 at which scoring should start.  If you put the cursor just to the left of an event in the Flow Rate graph, it will highlight the portion of the graph that corresponds to the event.

Enjoy!
Ah!  I've been wondering what that number was. I thought (the number reflected) it was keeping track of how many I'd had that night. Hahaha.

(03-21-2017, 11:10 PM)AshSF Wrote: I would go to a setting of Auto mode with max=min=8cm with Aflex ON at any setting of 1,2 or 3.

The flex will help taking care of the residual hypopneas.

I double checked. A-Flex is ON. And I recently moved it down to 1 (from 2).  I guess I didn't feel 2 was doing a good job of getting rid of the Hs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2017, 10:16 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Thanks for the encouragement, all.   Thanks 

I recently put my min pressure down from 7 to 6, to see if it might help decrease my daytime ear pain.  (Time will tell.)  I also decreased my exhale support... because I'm a tinkerer, and to see if it may help reduce the Hypopneas (I felt like I was getting too many).  (I don't know if I gleaned that somewhere, or made it up.)

Thanks for the advice on the margaritas, OpalRose.  I had a grande tonight!  :-)

As I was looking at last night's sleep, and pondering AHI factors, I am curious... how can I find out the length of an H, CA, O, etc.?  

Here's last night's screenshot.  I bought a buckwheat pillow from Amazon, and WOW my body didn't move all night!  I was on my back for quite a while.  Then I moved to my side - either when the events started, or maybe that caused the start of events??  And then throughout the more wakeful AM hours (thanks to dogs, kids, husband, etc.) I tossed and turned, alternating back and side sleeping.  But when I slept, between my faux tempurpedic mattress and this awesome pillow, I did not move!

P.S.  Spell check wants to correct tempurpedic to pedicurist.  Hmmm...

[Image: nYEY6q3l.png]

I'm guessing the 01:50am sleep time is related to the margaritas... hope they were good - my favorite is a "blue ginger" margarita...  Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 946 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 314 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 438 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,825 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 634 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,695 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,663 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.