Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thoughts on my OSCAR data?
Thoughts on my OSCAR data?
            Any reason why I still feel miserable all the time based off this data? I feel as though I'm dying all the time.

I'm working on getting an ASV but it's difficult because I don't have a prescription. I've also seen EPR thrown around and I'm wondering if maybe I should experiment with that. My EPR is off. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thoughts on my OSCAR data?

Post Reply Post Reply
There is no real harm in giving yourself a little pressure relief EPR but don't go the full setting. I am no expert, but I think you are chin tucking a bit. However, wait for the experts. Is your mouth dry in the morning I am wondering as I think there is are escaping through your mouth as well. If you don't have one a neck collar might help, but wait for better advice.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply. I may try EPR then. I may be chin-tucking, but I'm pretty sure I sleep on my side most of the time. My mouth isn't dry--I tape my lips shut.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're concerned about CA, hence the search for an ASV, EPR will very likely make you suffer for it being on. Chin tucking can be done while on your side as I do this sometimes as well. Say that you have your head propped on the pillow that fills the space between the shoulder and neck. Then your head moves a bit and slides down off the pillow. Tucked to the chest.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah ok, the only comment I have then is your low pressure is very low, but it might be fine for you.
What does it go up to, it looks as if it is fixed at 5 ?
I would be tempted to put it onto Auto, unless there is a reason why it should be at a low 5 ?
Anyway, it is almost 2am here and bed calls.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay sure--I won't use EPR then. I will look into chin-tucking more. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have it set to 5 because my previous setting of 4-17 or 4-15 caused my AHI to more than triple, especially with central apneas. I think I'm going to try setting it to auto pressure 5-6 tonight. Sleep well!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 0 14 1 hour ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 55 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 70 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 148 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.