Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thoughts on my last few nights
Thoughts on my last few nights
I check my stats every morning.. I am always less than 1.0
The last 2 nights I have been over 9 and 7....
NO leaks what so ever..
My wife even told me I was snoring during the night last night.
What could be wrong.?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thoughts on my last few nights
Looks like your cutting off your airway by tucking your chin in. A lot of people here use a soft cervical collar to prevent this. You can pick them up at any drug store or on line. I use one and it works great.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to suggest that you expand the cluster of OA events so we can see more detail
Post Reply Post Reply
expanded

https://imgur.com/KTyvSRQ
Post Reply Post Reply
could it be how I sleep on my pillow? I tend to not sleep flat..  kinda propped up?
Post Reply Post Reply
edit..yes, a propped up pillow can do it
I also think you are maxing out the 15 too often and I would have 17 as my max. The unknown at this stage cluster, was also looking for more pressure. Do they happen very often? As said, sometimes a collar can help to see if chin tucking is a problem, sometimes a change of pillow is then enough, sometimes the collar still needs to be warn
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
The clustering of events is pretty classic for the chin-tuck obstruction. The idea is to get a soft comfortable collar that gives you a fairly loose fit around the neck, and a comfortable height that will prevent your chin from tucking down to where your airway is occluded. You can probably replicate this obstruction by relaxing in a chair and letting your chin drop down. Do you feel the increased breathing resistance? You are arousing during this event, and doing recovery breathing, and the pattern repeats until you change position or sleep stage.

Since you have not had this problem often in the past, you may just need to retrain yourself to avoid the positional apnea. I don't think this is a problem with settings, and it seems you stay pretty close to your minimum pressure until you have these obstructive episodes. Ajack's suggestion of higher maximum pressure does not seem like it would hurt, but it may not overcome positional apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
so maybe set it 13-17 or do I need to up the min as well?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would leave it at 13 for now and focus on getting your chin up and your head back.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 250 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 211 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,742 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 451 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,504 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,563 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 830 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.