Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thoughts on my latest charts
Thoughts on my latest charts
Hi all,

I was just wondering if I could have your thoughts on my latest charts -

A quick summary, I have been on therapy since 24th of July 2017 and displayed signs of centrals from the start. Doc said this is common and to give it three months. Reduced epr from 3 -2 - 1 as per advice from here and set a pressure range 8-14, I have seen the doc many times and he now says eureka I am cured! I feel better than when I first started treatment but for sure not 100%.

A few have commented on previous threads but as always I appreciate your input and thoughts.
[Image: p9M0odM.png]

[Image: RXwDoNe.png]

[Image: H7PuXso.png]
[Image: nErUKFX.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thoughts on my latest charts
Swisssleeper this link shows how to attach your charts so thay can be expanded and viewed.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

I was unable to see any detail on your charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2018, 10:17 AM)gwc2795 Wrote: Swisssleeper this link shows how to attach your charts so thay can be expanded and viewed.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

I was unable to see any detail on your charts.

Strange they were showing perfect on my screen, tried to amend hopefully that works?
Post Reply Post Reply
It is my eyes. I can't make out the details.

Any way WELCOME!!! I am sure someone with better vision will be along shortly to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your right on the edge of being treated by your Doctors standards. I think I'd try a fixed pressure of 9cm or 10cm and see if the CA events can be controlled better.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I went back and skimmed through some of your earlier threads and it appears you were dealing with some complex apnea issues before.

An AHI of 0-5 for a patient is considered treated. Although you may get these lower figures on occasion, based on the information in the charts you don't consistently stay in the treated range. Your charts indicate that you still experience mostly central apneas and half of the charts you posted today still show you to have mild sleep apnea even while treated.

Keeping EPR at lower settings will definitely help with central events, however, you have a cluster of centrals still. I would naturally suggest you decrease pressure, however, I question if this is the right machine for you, and in my opinion, I think you would do better with an ASV.

Have you considered getting a second opinion from a different doctor?
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2018, 12:14 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Your right on the edge of being treated by your Doctors standards. I think I'd try a fixed pressure of 9cm or 10cm and see if the CA events can be controlled better.
Thanks for your thoughts Walla, I have reduced epr to 0 this morning and fixed the pressure 8-11 to see how it goes, if all goes well I will try 9-10 in a few days.
(03-23-2018, 12:14 PM)JesseLee Wrote: I went back and skimmed through some of your earlier threads and it appears you were dealing with some complex apnea issues before.

An AHI of 0-5 for a patient is considered treated. Although you may get these lower figures on occasion, based on the information in the charts you don't consistently stay in the treated range. Your charts indicate that you still experience mostly central apneas and half of the charts you posted today still show you to have mild sleep apnea even while treated.

Keeping EPR at lower settings will definitely help with central events, however, you have a cluster of centrals still. I would naturally suggest you decrease pressure, however, I question if this is the right machine for you, and in my opinion, I think you would do better with an ASV.

Have you considered getting a second opinion from a different doctor?
Hi Jesse,
I have considered a second opinion and asked my GP for a referral but she said my current doc is the best in the area and wouldn't recommend anyone else, so hit a dead end. He says even though he can see centrals they are at an acceptable level so is not concerned, the issue is like you say I have no consistency, one day I could have an ahi of 3-8 in general but it can jump into the 20+

I will see how I get on with the adjustments I have just made.

Thanks again for your input.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 133 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 946 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 175 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 202 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 412 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,170 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 293 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.