Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thoughts on nomask
Just heard a commercial on [commercial website address removed - instead, do a Google search for "nomask"]. Has anyone ever tried this mask and if so how does it compare to P10 and the Sleepweaver mask?
Thanks!!

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Post Reply Post Reply
Lacking a money back guarantee, I rate it as a marketing scam. It will have the same problem that other nasal masks have, mouth leaks. In addition, you will be holding part of the device inside your mouth all night, which is less than pleasant. You may also need a chin strap, according to the FAQ's about it.

If you don't dig too deeply, it sounds too good to be true and most likely is just that.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Judy, your profile shows you use a full face mask. If you have serious mouth leaks, the nomask may not be an ideal solution. There is a good review on UTube if you look for UadTx1q46-s. If you can tolerate nasal pillows, get them. You'll love it. If not, and you want something like this nomask, try a Hybrid CPAP Mask like the Resmed Mirage Liberty, or the Innoed Hybrid which costs half as much.
Post Reply Post Reply

This name traces back to a DME in California. They are selling the mask in parts to avoid a prescription. I've noticed TV ads for this device and several other CPAP items lately. My only opinion would be that of skepticism. . . proceed your own risk.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2016, 02:00 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: This name traces back to a DME in California. They are selling the mask in parts to avoid a prescription. I've noticed TV ads for this device and several other CPAP items lately. My only opinion would be that of skepticism. . . proceed your own risk.

The actual device name is CPAP-Pro, and the site claims it is FDA cleared. NoMask is just a marketing term and commercial DME web site and the reference n the first post will probably get moderated.

Researching the FDA registration, I found CPAP/PRO is a nasal pillow device that is held in place by custom or boil and bite appliance. It may also attach to a mandibular repositioning appliance. Approval: Approved for both snoring and OSA Date of FDA Approval: Dec. 1, 1999 FDA Registration Number: K992384. The 510k registration is at this link:
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf/k992384.pdf

So the surprise is the device has a different name than suggested in this thread, and it has apparently been around since 1999, or for the last 17 years! This looks like putting lipstick on a pig and marketing an old product that failed so badly it completely disappeared from the market.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First 2 weeks and my thoughts on P10, Brevida and Dreamwear masks JeffT 22 792 08-15-2017, 05:29 PM
Last Post: JeffT
  Considering Dreamwear. Cushions or pillows? Your thoughts? tomkatt 9 205 08-15-2017, 07:36 AM
Last Post: tomkatt
  Thoughts on a travel specified machine vs packing up my S9 (witout humidifier)? jason26 7 208 07-31-2017, 11:14 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Thoughts on my Auto Data? Hydrangea 23 996 07-13-2017, 06:55 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Curious to get thoughts from the group CardiacCrusher 14 567 06-08-2017, 11:35 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [CPAP] Looking for Thoughts on Smartstart Ticman1 12 377 05-27-2017, 02:37 PM
Last Post: sptrout
  Newbee intro an need thoughts on settings TPeters 10 749 03-09-2017, 10:25 PM
Last Post: TPeters