Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thoughts on nomask
Thoughts on nomask
Just heard a commercial on [commercial website address removed - instead, do a Google search for "nomask"]. Has anyone ever tried this mask and if so how does it compare to P10 and the Sleepweaver mask?
Thanks!!

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thoughts on nomask
Lacking a money back guarantee, I rate it as a marketing scam. It will have the same problem that other nasal masks have, mouth leaks. In addition, you will be holding part of the device inside your mouth all night, which is less than pleasant. You may also need a chin strap, according to the FAQ's about it.

If you don't dig too deeply, it sounds too good to be true and most likely is just that.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Judy, your profile shows you use a full face mask. If you have serious mouth leaks, the nomask may not be an ideal solution. There is a good review on UTube if you look for UadTx1q46-s. If you can tolerate nasal pillows, get them. You'll love it. If not, and you want something like this nomask, try a Hybrid CPAP Mask like the Resmed Mirage Liberty, or the Innoed Hybrid which costs half as much.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This name traces back to a DME in California. They are selling the mask in parts to avoid a prescription. I've noticed TV ads for this device and several other CPAP items lately. My only opinion would be that of skepticism. . . proceed your own risk.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2016, 02:00 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: This name traces back to a DME in California. They are selling the mask in parts to avoid a prescription. I've noticed TV ads for this device and several other CPAP items lately. My only opinion would be that of skepticism. . . proceed your own risk.

The actual device name is CPAP-Pro, and the site claims it is FDA cleared. NoMask is just a marketing term and commercial DME web site and the reference n the first post will probably get moderated.

Researching the FDA registration, I found CPAP/PRO is a nasal pillow device that is held in place by custom or boil and bite appliance. It may also attach to a mandibular repositioning appliance. Approval: Approved for both snoring and OSA Date of FDA Approval: Dec. 1, 1999 FDA Registration Number: K992384. The 510k registration is at this link:
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf/k992384.pdf

So the surprise is the device has a different name than suggested in this thread, and it has apparently been around since 1999, or for the last 17 years! This looks like putting lipstick on a pig and marketing an old product that failed so badly it completely disappeared from the market.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Reading the negative "Review" of the CPAPpro system from the maker nomask, I got the feeling there is a bias on this forum.  I've been using the original cpappro from nomask since 2000. I tried 3 different nasal masks from the usual suppliers from my DME and based on  my research wanted to try the "nasal pillows".  The original DME didn't want to "Sell" me the nasal pillows devices so I switched DME's . They provided a nasal pillow device and I loved it, the only problem was that the elastic in the head gear disintegrated in 3 months.  I complained to the DME and they discounted the Swift LT or whatever it's called.  This worked really well, but I found it moved around a lot. I saw the TV ad on CNN for the Cpappro marketed on nomask site and checked it out.  I ordered one and loved it.  I'm still using my original Cpappro I bought in 2000 only needing to replace the "Boil-n-bite" mouth piece and tray once.  The part I love the best about this device is the comfort and silence.  I can even fall asleep with my glasses on and sleep on my stomach when my back is sore.  I've worn it through 2 sleep studies along with a daytime study and the tech's liked it.  When I ended up in the hospital to have stents put in to fix my heart, my nurse asked me about the mask and we ended up talking cpap for over an hour.  The nurse also had sleep apnea and he had many of the same issues I had.  It turns out the hospital sleep lab was in the next hospital wing and my nurse brought in the sleep lab techs while I was sleeping.  At first they felt I had made the mask myself, because they had never gotten any of the marketing data from the equipment reps.  I gave them the info. My nurse ended up calling me a few weeks later to thank me for the info and tell me how he liked his cpappro.

Since the cpappro has been my only mask for almost 20 years, with very low cost, I'm surprised there aren't more in use on a site like this.  Easy to clean as well, I drop the whole thing into a bowl with a couple of denture cleaning tablets and my mask and nasal pillows are minty fresh.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,742 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,505 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,563 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 830 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing
  Thoughts on my data (after double jaw surgery) accetableplaintain 2 419 11-27-2023, 06:30 AM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 400 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Anyone seen it/tried it? Thoughts. David Clark 6 732 06-16-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.