Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Three-day car camping, Dreamstation?
Question 
Three-day car camping, Dreamstation?
Three-day car/tent camping with Dreamstation coming up, a yearly event.

What I have on hand:
Dreamstation AutoCPAP, base only mode
Boat battery, fairly large, off a 90 HP outboard
also Battery Tender Jr (?)
Soldering iron...

I searched the forum for known solutions, but quickly got overwhelmed, and it seems some posters' setups evolved. 

I just need a few suggestions, or even pointing to the relevant posts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Three-day car camping, Dreamstation?
Just look for a 12-volt DC adapter for the Philips Dreamstation.  It may have a cigarette plug and alligator clips to get power from the battery to the input on your CPAP, but it doesn't need to convert the power in any way, so it should be reasonably priced. You need both the power cord and battery clips. 12V DC Power Cord For Philips respironics DreamStation, with battery cable,1120747 Looks like this:

[Image: 41Xr-wYuxpL.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SR!

Why did I think I needed an elaborate DIY setup, when this is off-the-shelf..!??!

I may look in the vendor section here(?)

Edit: Supplier #1 did not have the single kit, but it was easy to get find the two parts there, and it seems to be Philips parts, with the right power conditioning.
Spouse and will be able to share the same tent again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good for you there OneSnorer. Tackled problems deserve a coffee break. Or in your case, a camping trip.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the encouragement.

Hmm..., looking at my profile, i see I have been here a year, and I will be owing my C-PAP machine soon!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2019, 10:22 AM)OneSnorer Wrote: Thanks SR!

Why did I think I needed an elaborate DIY setup, when this is off-the-shelf..!??!

I may look in the vendor section here(?)

Edit: Supplier #1 did not have the single kit, but it was easy to get find the two parts there, and it seems to be Philips parts, with the right power conditioning.
Spouse and will be able to share the same tent again!

I would spend a tiny bit more and replace the crocodile clips with standard battery terminals (I use quick release insulated ones), and possibly a few dollars for a battery box to hold it all but it’s basically what I use when camping, apart from having to use the more expensive Resmed power adapter
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the cord that SR showed, I can get 15-16 hours (3x 5 hours, or 2x 8 hours) from a motorcycle battery I made in to a battery pack for my motorcycle camping trips.
I can also recharge the battery pack off a 12v lighter socket I added for charging my phones while riding.. about two hours of ride time is enough to charge the battery pack, the advantage is that my bike battery doesn't get used for other than starting the bike because the battery pack for the CPAP is separate from the bike when in use.

I am now also using the CPAP off the house battery in the Toyota Hiace Hi-Top campervan we recently purchased as well.. all working well.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 737 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Camping with CPAP - any tips? SuperSleeper 43 7,903 10-16-2023, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  [Equipment] CPAP and Camping Dogberto 2 588 07-16-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Dogberto
  CPAP Substitute While Camping or Traveling Liegeinski 10 2,680 01-23-2023, 01:09 AM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,769 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,571 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  Dry Camping with CPAP ApneaticBill 2 811 06-08-2022, 01:25 PM
Last Post: ApneaticBill

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.