Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Three weeks on CPAP. Low AHI. Still feel like crap
Three weeks on CPAP. Low AHI. Still feel like crap
Hey everyone so after 3.5 weeks of using my CPAP Dreamstation, I don’t feel any better with my brain fog.

I have attached my OSCAR report for the past night.

Any basic advice would be extremely helpful. 

currently use a Dreamstation FFM. 

Looks like I may need to try a different mask and see what happens.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Three weeks on CPAP. Low AHI. Still feel like crap
2 months now with SEFAM Sleep Box. I too still feel so tired ):
Post Reply Post Reply
It'll be three years in early Sept., and I too, still feel tired.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm 6 weeks in and even more exhausted than I was before I started (if that's possible).
Post Reply Post Reply
Give us a 3-minute zoom on the flow rate and let's have a closer look at what is going on. If we see a lot of flat peaks, the only real solution for it is pressure support like you get from the Resmed, but we might as well check. I'm pretty sure what we're going to see.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Planetf1

You should start your own thread.   This thread is for hooked on stitch.

When you start your own thread,  people will help you and not get confused with others history.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Requesting review of OSCAR data
Hello,

I have used my CPAP for about four weeks, and am still getting used to the d*mn thing. Could I kindly request that one of the veterans here give me some feedback on my OSCAR data?
I recently changed my mask from a Dreamwear FFM to a P10 nasal pillow four days ago. Whilst the AHI is low, I felt more refreshed while on the FFM.
I have also increased my minimum pressure from 8 to 9 based on advice on this forum
Regardless of what my data suggests, I feel my sleep quality is poor, and however long I am in bed, I wake up fatigued.
Attached are two reports, one is from last night, and the other is with the FFM 5 days ago.

https://ibb.co/LvVM7h4
https://ibb.co/415xbz1

Does anything stand out?
Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Requesting review of OSCAR data
A couple of things I would suggest. Use F12 to take a screenshot of Oscar.  Take away the pie chart from the top drop down menus. Remove the calendar by clicking the triangle in the dateline. Last check chart organize at the end of this post. 

Remove v2 it means nothing for therapy. Last I would use flex 2. 3 seems to cause problems with many people. 

Last I would try to add 1 on the min pressure.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Requesting review of OSCAR data
The Pie Chart and the calendar are removed by the F12 function for the screenshot and returned after the screenshot.

Your VS snores are driving your pressure.  Your choice to knock these down is to increase your min pressure.
!0 is a good start bur your 18th data says you may need more.  But one step at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR - Understanding the Data (Help)
Hello,

I have used my CPAP for about five weeks, and am still feeling like crap. I am waking up rested and my brain fog is still there. Could I kindly request that one of the veterans here give me some feedback on my OSCAR data?

I recently changed my mask from a Dreamwear FFM to a P10 nasal pillow last week. Whilst the AHI is low, I felt more refreshed while on the FFM.
I have also increased my minimum pressure from 9 to 10 based on advice on this forum.

Regardless of what my data suggests, I feel my sleep quality is poor, and however long I am in bed, I wake up fatigued.
Attached are two reports from the last two nights.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 175 9 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 84 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 319 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,488 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.