Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Three weeks on cpap only partial success
RE: Three weeks on cpap only partial success
I was very frustrated with both the sleep doctor and the respiratory therapist during my first cpap check in two weeks ago. When I complained about leakage and waking several times to adjust the mask, all they did was look at the machine and showed me the green happy face for mask fit and my low AHI average and said things looked good. They did not load the data from the card to look at it. When I go back in three weeks, I am going to print out the data and bring it to them. I honestly am disappointed that a sleep doctor and RT at a 20 bed certified sleep lab affiliated with a hospital is not more on top of things

My machine had been set to go from 14 to 20. I noticed that I was at the 14 a lot so I reset the machine to go from 12-20 last night. I can't tell from the graphs if I am at the 12 a lot or a bit higher

IMG]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii562/amyslp/data%20sept%2018d_zps7a9e8b88.jpg[/IMG]
[Image: data%20sept%2018_zps8ad0d990.jpg]
IMG]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii562/amyslp/data%20sept%2018%20b_zps08b3fd2f.jpg[/IMG]
[Image: data%20sept%2018%20c_zpsa86e53f8.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2012, 06:38 PM)Roxy Wrote: When I complained about leakage and waking several times to adjust the mask, all they did was look at the machine and showed me the green happy face for mask fit and my low AHI average and said things looked good. They did not load the data from the card to look at it.
They,re idiots. The green happy face is not the full story.
Several waking ups at night is the main reason of fragmented sleep as it can leave you feeling restless the next day.
Find another doctor or get in the driver seat Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
That is why I will bring the rescan print out with me next time and let the doctor see the leaks etc. I will expect her to really look at and interpret the graphs for me. Boy she will be suprised to see the charts
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2012, 10:47 AM)Roxy Wrote: I have been using my machine daily for 6.5-7.5 hours with only partial success. My AHI for the study was 59 and is now down to an average of 3.5. I have not awaken with a headache since I started using the machine. I had always had fantastic blood pressure until a few months ago when the apnea symptoms became really bad. I had my blood pressure taken prior to getting the flu shot on Thursday and my blood pressure is comming back down. Those are all good things. The reason I say that I am experiencing only partial success is that I still wake two to three times a night. Even though I go back to sleep pretty quickly, I still wake up not feeling rested. I do have more energy than prior to starting cpap but still do not feel as good as I had hoped to. Is this common or does it mean that things still have to be tweaked?

That's pretty good progress. A lot of people are not so lucky. It takes your body a long time to get used to being able to sleep without having to awaken to breathe.

I'm doing about the same as you and I've been on CPAP therapy for 10 months.

The good news is that the improvement continues, if only at a snail's pace.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,623 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,981 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,504 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 548 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 672 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.