Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Threshold indices / "normal" values
Threshold indices / "normal" values
Good day to all,

As most newbies, I have been lurking for the past month and I am learning a lot from my readings. Thank you for being so generous with your time, knowledge and desire to help.

For the life of me, I can't find what the normal and threshold indices should be. I am looking at my statistics and wonder if they are within range or not. I understand that each individual is different but it would be nice to have some information like "Such statistic, for such a type of person (woman, man, age, etc.) can vary from XX to YY value".

I have been searching with different key words without success, but I am reasonably sure something like this exists or should exist.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks again !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Threshold indices / "normal" values
(12-14-2019, 12:57 PM)Galix Wrote: Good day to all,

As most newbies, I have been lurking for the past month and I am learning a lot from my readings. Thank you for being so generous with your time, knowledge and desire to help.

For the life of me, I can't find what the normal and threshold indices should be. I am looking at my statistics and wonder if they are within range or not. I understand that each individual is different but it would be nice to have some information like "Such statistic, for such a type of person (woman, man, age, etc.) can vary from XX to YY value".

I have been searching with different key words without success, but I am reasonably sure something like this exists or should exist.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks again !

Welcome to the Forum. 

Post a screenshot of your charts arranged as follows and someone will help you out.

Events
Flow rate
Pressure (not mask pressure)
Leak rate
Flow limitations
Snore

Any questions just ask. I know there is a link to a thread that explains how to setup OSCAR so they can help you better I just don't know it. Someone else who is more knowledgable than I will be along shortly
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply

As per Osiris' request.

I am questioning if the Flow Limitation and the RERA are within range, as well as Tidal Volume. In these two particular days, numbers are different and I am trying to find what would influence these results. Maybe I am also overlooking something obvious...

Hope you are all having a fine day, can't wait to read your thoughts.
Post Reply Post Reply
The accuracy of those flags (RERA and FL) is questionable, you'd have to look at the flow rate up close to check. Tidal volume seems fine to me.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 295 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 455 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 179 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 284 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  Frequent hiccups in flow rate. Normal? JulieK 19 1,744 11-28-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: PunchIt
  Is this normal - no breath for over a minute? Pizzafoundry 12 897 10-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Pizzafoundry
  [CPAP] Airsense P11 hose-dry function ends with loud burst - normal? jharuni 5 774 10-13-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: jharuni

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.