Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FFM Too Tight and Present Results
RE: FFM Too Tight and Present Results
Last night I set the s9 at VAuto, IPap @ 25, EPap @ 17 and PS @ 2. My results were AHI = 7.92, H = 1.61, A = 0.29, OA = 5.28, and CA= 0.73. I had one period of time from about midnight to 2am that was excessive but outside that time was OK.

Other than the leakage, these are the best results I have ever had. This result is solely due to the help I have received from all of you on this site. I have a minimum understanding of the relationship between EPap, PS and IPap but am learning from you.

So, we'll see how these results hold up over the next days and from there maybe a Mirage Quattro to work on the leaks.

Thank you so much for all your help.

Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job Bob.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2014, 09:19 AM)BiBob Wrote: Last night I set the s9 at VAuto, IPap @ 25, EPap @ 17 and PS @ 2. My results were AHI = 7.92, H = 1.61, A = 0.29, OA = 5.28, and CA= 0.73. I had one period of time from about midnight to 2am that was excessive but outside that time was OK.

Other than the leakage, these are the best results I have ever had. This result is solely due to the help I have received from all of you on this site. I have a minimum understanding of the relationship between EPap, PS and IPap but am learning from you.

So, we'll see how these results hold up over the next days and from there maybe a Mirage Quattro to work on the leaks.

Hi BiBob,

Was it Leak which was excessive from midnight to 2am?

Regarding the pressure relationships:

PS (Pressure Support) = IPAP - EPAP
IPAP (Inhale pressure) = EPAP + PS
EPAP (exhale pressure) = IPAP - PS

If you meditate diligently on these formulas you will receive illumination and insight.

It is of course too early to draw any conclusions from your experiment of raising the pressures, but since your IPAP had been maxing out, raising the Max IPAP would be expected to lower the number of obstructive events, as more time will likely confirm in your own case.

However, I would suspect even greater improvement, both in the number of obstructive events and in how high the machine will need to raise the pressure to avoid your obstructive events, can be obtained by taking countermeasures against rolling onto your back while asleep.

I wear a teeshirt with a tennis ball in a pocket sewn right between the shoulder blades or a little higher, to make sure that if I roll onto my back I wake up just enough to keep rolling until I have rolled to my other side.

Others prefer to wear a light knapsack with something inside which is light but bulky, for the same purpose.

Still others prefer to sleep in a comfortable reclining sofa chair or in an adjustable bed with the head portion adjusted higher, which, like sleeping only on our side, also reduces the tendency for gravity to worsen our obstructive sleep apnea when sleeping on our back.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Vaughn,
First thanks for the formulas. I had been slowly figuring out how they work together and it's making a bit of sense now.

As for the tennis ball, I haven't tried that yet but will. I do think I'm getting closer and another week and I should better understand what will work for me.

Thanks for the help. I'll go fix myself a "T" shirt.

Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2014, 09:19 AM)BiBob Wrote: Other than the leakage, these are the best results I have ever had.
. . .

Hi Bob,
My 1st mask was a Mirage Quattro, and I found it difficult to control it's leaks. I had to cinch it down quite tight, and still had some difficulty.

I am now in trial with a F&P Simplus, and it seems better than the Mirage, The Sleepyhead leaks are mostly 0.0 except for Max leak, and that is usually less than 10. I also like that the cushion part you wash daily has the vent ports, so they get cleaned daily too. I don't think the supplier will be seeing this one come back. If you choose to go this way, there is a PDF sizing guide available, which I printed and used - quite good.

I also am trying the Remzzzs mask liners, and so far I like them. When there is any leakage around my eyes, I hate it. With the liner, if there is any seepage there, it seems to be diffused by the liner, so I don't notice it.

A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an appointment tomorrow to take a look at the F&P Simplus. I was told that it is designed to take higher pressures without leaking. I haven't tried the Remzzzs yet but will talk with them about those as well. I agree about the leakage around eyes. Can't stand it.

Thanks Becker for the input. A few more improvements and I'll be set.

Bob
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 134 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 134 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,181 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 475 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.