Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ti Just what is it?
Ti Just what is it?
What is 'Ti' and what is it for exactly? 
I have read the manual over and over and fiddled with it on my machine but still [if/how it can be fine-tuned] does not soak into my thick head.. Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ti Just what is it?
The "Ti" setting I'm aware of deals with IPAP timing. Ti should typically be followed by Min or Max if I've got it correct.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Usually it is accompanied with either a "min" and "max".  As far as what it stands for, I'm just guessing but something along the lines of "Timed Inhale".  Its purpose is to provide a minimum time during an exhale (TiMin) before the inhale pressure can be invoked. TiMax if the maximum time during an exhale before the inhale pressure will resume.

I hopeI answered your question..
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ti is time of inspiration. Your machine uses sensors to detect when you begin to inhale (pressure goes negative in the circuit) and triggers IPAP.  Ti Min is the minimum amount of time the IPAP pressure will be maintained once it is triggered.  Ti Max is the maximum amount of time IPAP will be provided before cycling to EPAP. Ti Max and Ti Min parameters can help synchronize respiration by limiting or prolonging the inspiratory time when required.  These settings may work together with the Trigger and Cycle sensitivity settings.

If we have someone that has weak inspiratory effort, sometimes, making Ti min longer can prevent the machine from cycling to EPAP too soon. We might make Ti Min longer when we see the inspiratory time is equal or less than expiratory time (I:E ratio).  For individuals with COPD that take a longer time to exhale, we might shorten Ti Max to allow more time for expiration, or where someone complains about their breath being cutoff, we might make it longer. 

I'm not sure what you are looking for in the information, so if you provide more detail, I'll try to offer what I can.  Many people are just fine on default values, but changing TiControl or Sensitivity can make a big difference in others.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gentlemen; Thanks kindly, much appreciated.

SR:  I got the machine over a year ago with Ti Min=0.3 and the Ti Max=2.0.  I have recently been told there are 'some indications' of COPD from a chest X-ray but nothing officially confirmed.  I have had it at Min=0.5 Max=2.5 but couldn't really tell any difference in ease of breathing. [my pressures are high and PS=2]
I asked mostly from curiosity and partly to see if the breathing effort might be improved even though it is OK as it is.
Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
zzzZorro,
Was a test called a Spirometry, which is a lung function test, taken yet? Just asking, because I take this test yearly to gauge COPD progression. It's also used in the diagnosis of COPD.

Just curious.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: TIMax.jpg]

I always understand things better if i have a diagram
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2019, 09:22 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: zzzZorro,
Was a test called a Spirometry, which is a lung function test, taken yet? Just asking, because I take this test yearly to gauge COPD progression. It's also used in the diagnosis of COPD.

Just curious.

Coffee

A chest Xray was a pre-treatment requirement for another medical procedure.  Over a year ago a pulmonologist checked me and announced 'I did not have COPD- he could do a lot of expensive tests but it would be a waste of time'.  Always a on-smoker so I'm not too concerned..
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2019, 10:03 AM)zzzZorro Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 09:22 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: zzzZorro,

Just curious.

Coffee

A chest Xray was a pre-treatment requirement for another medical procedure.  Over a year ago a pulmonologist checked me and announced 'I did not have COPD- he could do a lot of expensive tests but it would be a waste of time'.  Always a on-smoker so I'm not too concerned..

OK got it. Glad you don't have it. Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2019, 05:52 AM)crowtor Wrote: [Image: TIMax.jpg]

I always understand things better if i have a diagram

I have stared at that diagram before but looking at it again with the explanation provided by SR the fog is raising.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.