Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Time Setting on Dreamstation without Cellular modem
Time Setting on Dreamstation without Cellular modem
As per my other post, I have purchased a Auto Dreamstation to replace one I had on trial. I didn't purchase the Cellular modem as I have no intent on using Dream Mapper when Sleepyhead is available!

The new model came with its time off by about 14 minutes. You can only set the time zone on the Dreamstation - not the actual time.

I am assuming that Sleepyhead uses the time setting on the device to identify when my therapy starts and stops and to show events, so I wanted the time to be accurate.

A bit of research led me to believe that the only way of setting the time on the unit is with the Cellular modem picking up time from the network, so I pulled the modem out of my trial unit, popped it into the new unit, powered on and voila - time was correct.

So the question is, is there any way to set the time on the Dreamstation without the modem? Computer clocks are notorious for drift, so I expect over time the clock will become reasonably inaccurate again.

I know it isn't the end of the world - just wondering if anyone else has come up with a solution for this. Maybe connecting to bluetooth will allow it to do the same?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Time Setting on Dreamstation without Cellular modem
The only way I know of to set the time on the DreamStation is via the time menu in the Patient Menu. The time can only be set in increments of thirty minutes. As you stated, this is more to allow you to set the time zone than to set the time.

SleepyHead can be setup to correct the time if your machine is not displaying it correctly. Go to the CPAP tab in the SleepyHead preference menu and adjust the clock drift.

Sleep well.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 201 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,591 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 614 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.