Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Time and Date Wrong on Airsense 10 Autoset
RE: Time and Date Wrong on Airsense 10 Autoset
(01-24-2020, 04:12 PM)Vision350 Wrote: For the amount one pay for these machines and with today's technology. These machines should be able to adapt to your timezone.

Except you need to understand that the system clock on the machines is not there for the benefit of the end-user, but for the medical providers that verify compliance for insurance or regulatory (DOT, FAA etc) purposes.  In theory, the end user is not considered to have access to the clinical settings where the time can be set. If you set it and forget it, everything will be just fine.  Philips does not even provide end users access to a time setting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2020, 09:56 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 04:12 PM)Vision350 Wrote: For the amount one pay for these machines and with today's technology. These machines should be able to adapt to your timezone.

Except you need to understand that the system clock on the machines is not there for the benefit of the end-user, but for the medical providers that verify compliance for insurance or regulatory (DOT, FAA etc) purposes. 
Even the medical providers can become confused if you're overseas. Perhaps the travel xPaps have the ability to change time zones?
Post Reply Post Reply
Changing the date back requires erasing all data from the clinician menu.
It also severs the connection to your provider, who is recording your data
for compliance. 

I didn’t observe the time of day warnings and lost a day’s data while the 
connection was severed. I had to re-enter the model and serial number
of the device through ResMed to re-connect. All personal info survived
the data erasure.

“A word to the wise is redundant.”
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
In observing my Airsense 10 Autoset For Her, there is a small LED light just above the SD card slot, which you can watch if the rubber cover is open.  Just the act of turning the unit On or Off, or inserting or removing an SD card all seem to be regarded as "events" to the A10, and cause a write to the SD card (or it's internal log), and these generate a blip of the Activity LED.  

If one wants to adjust the time forward (later) e.g. DST time change in the spring, one can simply enter the Clinical menu and adjust the time or date forward.  The unit will not complain.  Adjusting the unit's time or date backward (earlier) such as a DST time change in the fall, just leave the machine powered up and undisturbed for a couple of hours after use (stop the blower, but DO NOT power off or remove the SD card).  Then enter the Clinical menu, and the Date/Time settings will allow adjustment to any time back to the point of last use.

These techniques allow the time to be adjusted without using the Clear All Data function.  From other posts, I'm pretty sure that all the Airsense 10 models operate similarly for their Date-Time settings.

Hope this helps.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to you, becker44a, the leader of the pack.  Shy
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2021, 03:00 PM)midwestguy Wrote: Changing the date back requires erasing all data from the clinician menu.
It also severs the connection to your provider, who is recording your data
for compliance. 

I didn’t observe the time of day warnings and lost a day’s data while the 
connection was severed. I had to re-enter the model and serial number
of the device through ResMed to re-connect. All personal info survived
the data erasure.

“A word to the wise is redundant.”

That's what I had to do to manual set the time for my time zone.  It was annoying since it caused two nights worth of data to overlap on the same date.

What I also noticed is the time was behind 4 minuted from my cellular phone.  It uses cellular communications to upload data. Why doesn't it sync with cellular time?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not everyone has cellular service.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
None of the CPAP machines I know of sync time with the cellular or WiFi signals. They simply have to be set manually using caution to get it right.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 470 5 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 92 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 548 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 227 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 0 93 03-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jed3
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,015 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 144 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.