Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Time and Date Wrong on Airsense 10 Autoset
RE: Time and Date Wrong on Airsense 10 Autoset
Oh really?

It's about his need for a travel CPAP in case you didn't read his post.

You carry on like I'm not trying to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Final Answer/Solution

I did get an SD Card... a ResMed one even.. and put it in the machine, continuing to use it with the wrong date and time while out of the country with the wrong time and date for where I was for another two months.  When I returned to the time zone where the machine was issued to me I went for an appointment with my Sleep Doctor, and the technicians at her sleep lab claimed they couldn't get any data from the SD Card but downloaded the data from the machine. Whether the Doctor had that data made available to her was never clear.

As for compliance, nobody really cares... there is no "Big Brother" monitoring my usage or really paying attention to whether I use it or not.  However I DO use it every night, because I feel better. Even recently I had a 14 hour layover in a foreign airport and rather than sleep in the comfortable lounge chairs in the transit lounge I opted to sleep on the concrete floor in an area that was being remodeled as that w only place I could find an electrical outlet to plug in my machine.

So after I went to the Doctor's appointment, for which the data from the card or machine wass seemingly either not available or useless, the Doctor said she found the daily data I had been recording in a Word document and having the machine set to one day instead of one week or one month more useful, and noticed that each and every night the pressure was maxed out at 15 with the settings Auto 12-15, so she changed my settings to 12-18 which does seem to work better.

Once that appointment was out of the way, I went into the Clinical Menu and chose to Delete All Data.
After doing that I was able to change the Date and Time to the correct local date and time... if you do that you can set any date and time you want, and although the sleep lab technicians advised me to record all my other setting before doing that since they thought all the settings would also be erased, the settings were not erased or even the incorrect time and date for that matter, but I could change the incorrect time and date to whatever I wanted with no error messages.

Having done that and left on another two month trip out of the country, I discovered that each and every morning at 06:00 the machine starts another sleep period and the usage hours go back go zero, because (disregarding the date issue) the time here is six hours ahead of what the machine is set for so at 12:00 noon in the time zone that machine is set for, which is 06:00 here, the sleep period is reset.

So if I want to monitor the daily changes of my sleep period I set my alarm for 05:50 and get up and terminate the therapy, and then I can see the whole 8 or 9 or whatever number of hours I really slept rather than 1:30 or something like that.

That was actually the reason for my previous ill fated attempt to change the date an time, which I learned was a mistake.

One thing I learned is that the pressure used seems to have no connection to whether I turn the machine off when I go to the bathroom and the turn it back on when I return, or just disconnect the hose from the mask and let it blow while I am in the bathroom.

I may try Sleepyhead or the ResMed program later, but basically my purpose with all this monitoring is to learn about how the machine works and if how I feel from day to day affects the AHI readings or the Pressure the macbine supplies and so forth, which is why I imagine is the purpose for many others in this forum as well.

In any case, now we know you CAN change the date and time, all you got to do is erase all the data from the machine and the SD Card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Without going through resetting the entire machine, you can still set the time back by more than a day, it just takes a little time (couple of days).

In my case, likely due to operator error when adjusting for daylight savings time, my machine ended up a full 24 hours ahead.

Yes, you have to wait until after 12 noon, and the machine will only let you set your time back to 12:00 of that same "day"

So in my case, on June 7, an hour or so before I went to bed, I set the time back to 12:01.
This put the machine only about 15 hours "fast".
The next night, I again set it back to 12:01.
The result is Sleepyhead showing that I had two sleep sessions, from 13:07 to 19:33, and 01:36 to 06:19 (at this point, the machine was only roughly 2 hours off).
The next day I was able to fully correct the error.

I'll still change it for daylight savings time, because there's a little OCD in all of us Wink but I don't mess with it for travel, particularly since we tend to take road trips where we are in a different time zone every day or every 2 days.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2017, 08:32 PM)CB91710 Wrote: Without going through resetting the entire machine, you can still set the time back by more than a day, it just takes a little time (couple of days).

[...]

Yes, you have to wait until after 12 noon, and the machine will only let you set your time back to 12:00 of that same "day"

I'll still change it for daylight savings time, because there's a little OCD in all of us Wink  but I don't mess with it for travel, particularly since we tend to take road trips where we are in a different time zone every day or every 2 days.

Very interesting!  I'll keep that in mind, but now my machine, after being reset to the correct date and time for where I got the machine, is one day ahead on the date (which probably doesn't matter) and six hours behind, thus it changes to a new sleep period at 06:00 (which is 12:00 noon in the time zone it is set for... as well as one day behind where I am and will be for the next month).  So as long as I turn off the machine at 05:59 each morning I can monitor my sleep data for the last nights sleep data, and when I am where the machine came from it will work correctly and change sleep periods at noon.

It remains to be seen whether the SD Card will have useful data on it. The machine can't transmit from where I am, so maybe the machine will store some data that can be dowloaded.  The technicians at the Sleep Lab claimed they could't get any data from the SD Card last time.... maybe because the machine had been set for the wrong time and date?  I'm not sure but I left the same card in it after I reset the date and time... erasing all the data supposedly erases both the data on the machine and on the SD Card.  If they can't read it next time I do have another spare new ResMed SD card I'll put in it.

I did download the Beta 2.2 of Sleepyhead for Mac from the link provided in your signature... although I am kind of reluctant to put Beta software on my main computer I might do it.  

However if I install SleepyHead, how would I get the data from the machine to the SleepyHead software?  I do notice that there is a receptacle in the machine in the door below the door for the SD Card. Is there some sort of cable the I can plug in to that to connect to a USB port in  my MacBook or ???

The machine cannot transmit data here where I am as there are no compatible networks... the machine says it uses CDMA, so I think it would have to somehow connect via WiFi, which I think it can't do, or via a cable in the slot.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can remove the card, put it into a card reader, and Sleepyhead can import directly from there.

Another way to do that is more convenient if your machine is in a different room from the computer, is the Toshiba FlashAir SD card.
These cards were designed for digital cameras and have a (weak) WiFi transmitter.
Since you travel a lot and don't use a dedicated WiFi network, you would set the card to act as the server and your notebook can connect to it (after disconnecting from your hotel WiFi).

Do a search for FlashAir and you'll find some good info, though most users (like me) set them up to connect to their router and have a fixed IP address on their home network.
-- Rich

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2017, 09:38 PM)CB91710 Wrote: You can remove the card, put it into a card reader, and Sleepyhead can import directly from there.

Another way to do that is more convenient if your machine is in a different room from the computer, is the Toshiba FlashAir SD card.
These cards were designed for digital cameras and have a (weak) WiFi transmitter.
Since you travel a lot and don't use a dedicated WiFi network, you would set the card to act as the server and your notebook can connect to it (after disconnecting from your hotel WiFi).

Do a search for FlashAir and you'll find some good info, though most users (like me) set them up to connect to their router and have a fixed IP address on their home network.

Thanks!  I'll check into it.  I guess the card reader would have to either have a USB Cable to connect to the computer or have a WiFi transmitter built in as does the FlashAir?

As for the FlashAir I actually rarely stay in hotels , but I do have a static pubic IP address from the internet provider I subscribe to in Asia with Fiber to the house and the Fiber Modem is connected to an Apple Time Capsule which acts as the WiFi access point/router for all the other devices here (phones, MacBook, AppleTV etc) so it sounds like I could do what you are doing and get the FlashAir to connect to the Time Capsule using my WiFi network and setting it up somehow to use a fixed IP Address on the home network... or even a dynamic IP on the home network should work right?  I think the phones have different IP addresses depending on which is turned on and connects first.

I doubt that I will be able to find a FlashAir here, so I'll have to wait until I get back go the US next month to get one.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I got mine on Amazon... rules don't allow posting a link to the seller directly.

Yes, the Flashair should be able to log into your Wifi router like your phone does, but if your SSID and password change when you return to the US, you'd also have to reconfigure the card (not a huge ordeal, just save two copies of the config file)

The programming is interesting... you edit/create the configuration file, then the next time you insert the card into a reader, it executes the code, and overwrites your SSID/Password in the file to prevent them from being stolen should the card be stolen.
So you will at least need a card reader to be able to program it, but after that, it can remain in the machine.

The program "FlashPAP" was written to import to the computer, then Sleepyhead can import from there.
I have mine mapped as a drive on my desktop, and Sleepyhead saw it, but when I tried to import it hung, so I stick with the FlashPAP program to bring the files into the PC. FlashPAP can access by IP or Hostname.
-- Rich

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!  That is very interesting about the FlashAir.  I spent some time researching that this afternoon, and it seems i will require more research.  What kind and size do you have which works?

I have an SD card slot in my MacBook Pro, so I might be able to use that as a card reader or to edit the configuration file.  

But one thing that concerns me is the directions for the FlashAir say to not format it or it might not work, and if I am not mistaken when I first inserted the new Resmed SD Card I think I saw a message saying it was initializing or preparing the SD card for use.  Perhaps (I hope) this might be because the new ResMed card comes unformatted and the Toshiba FlashAir, since it says it is already formatted, will then not be formatted again in the ResMed machine when I insert it?  I guess since it worked for you this is either a non-issue or can be gotten around.

Another concern is the type of SD Card that it compatible with the Airsense 10 Autoset.  I see that the FlashAir cards come in a variety of capacities and types.  There is a W-02 Type, W-03 Type and now even a W-04 type in various memory capacities 8, 16, 32 and even 64 for the W-04 type.

It is unclear from the documentation I have found which of these cards is simply an SD card and which is a SDHC card (probably for sure the 64 capacity W-04 card is SDHC), and unknown ...at least by me so far... if he REsMed machine is compatible with SDHC cards or only with SD Cards.

There is a tutorial on "How to use internet pass thru mode" which states that
※This function is available on the FlashAirTM W­02 series with card software version F19BAW3AW2.00.02 or later.

By "or later" I hope means that not only it is available on the FlashAir W02 cards with a certain software version but also on Version W03 series cards as well, since FlashAir Drive, according to the tutorial below, is only available on FlashAir W-03 cards

"How to Use FlashAir Drive (WEBDAV)
This feature is available on the FlashAir W-03 only"

Aside from that it states in the documentation that:
""FlashAirDrive.app" contained in "FlashAir_tool_v303.dmg" is the application to use FlashAir™ drive. If you want to use FlashAir™ drive, please install it as well. Currently, it is confirmed that FlashAir™ drive is not available with macOS 10.12 (Sierra). Please wait until the malfunction is modified."

Since I currently have macOS Sierra I hope they fix this malfunction soon if I am to need to use FlashAirDrive to connect to the ResMed machine!!

To add to the confusion, in the card specifications on Amazon it has directly contradictory specification for W-02 and W-03 cards as shown by the arrows in the attached screenshot!  I might try contacting the sellers on Amazon tomorrow for more accurate specifications... I would try to contact Toshiba... and still might but because of their cookies they insist on directing me to Toshiba in Africa or Japan or at best England and don't provide contact information or links for the US.

So I guess the simplest solution to this would be that I should ask what type and capacity of FlashAir cards are you using or others using the FlashAir cards are using with the AirSense 10 Autoset machines, so I can pick a FlashAir card model and capacity that I know will function since it is functioning for other people!

Thanks again for all your help and advice!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2017, 08:05 AM)biyahero Wrote:  
But one thing that concerns me is the directions for the FlashAir say to not format it or it might not work, and if I am not mistaken when I first inserted the new Resmed SD Card I think I saw a message saying it was initializing or preparing the SD card for use.  

The formatting that the Resmed performs is to write the required files and directories to the SD card.

(07-26-2017, 08:05 AM)biyahero Wrote: Another concern is the type of SD Card that it compatible with the Airsense 10 Autoset.  I see that the FlashAir cards come in a variety of capacities and types.  There is a W-02 Type, W-03 Type and now even a W-04 type in various memory capacities 8, 16, 32 and even 64 for the W-04 type.

The "W" indicates the WiFi version and capabilities.  Any version from the 02 forward will work. Resmed's only use 2GB so any card size will work.  The object of the game at this point is to find the best price.

(07-26-2017, 08:05 AM)biyahero Wrote: It is unclear from the documentation I have found which of these cards is simply an SD card and which is a SDHC card (probably for sure the 64 capacity W-04 card is SDHC), and unknown ...at least by me so far... if he REsMed machine is compatible with SDHC cards or only with SD Cards.

Any FlashAir will work.  I currently have both a W-02 and W-03.  Both cards are 16GB in size and work flawlessly.  The only reason I have the 16GB size is because they were the cheapest.  Another member from the UK reported that the 8GB were cheaper there.

(07-26-2017, 08:05 AM)biyahero Wrote: "How to Use FlashAir Drive (WEBDAV) This feature is available on the FlashAir W-03 only"

Unless you are going to manually perform file manipulation, you don't need this feature.  It's an option that isn't used for our application.

(07-26-2017, 08:05 AM)biyahero Wrote: Aside from that it states in the documentation that:
""FlashAirDrive.app" contained in "FlashAir_tool_v303.dmg" is the application to use FlashAir™ drive. If you want to use FlashAir™ drive, please install it as well. Currently, it is confirmed that FlashAir™ drive is not available with macOS 10.12 (Sierra). Please wait until the malfunction is modified."

You're reading too much into this.  Both free download programs will address the configuration, as well as several threads here.   You don't need to concern yourself about the nuts and bolts of operation.

(07-26-2017, 08:05 AM)biyahero Wrote: Since I currently have macOS Sierra I hope they fix this malfunction soon if I am to need to use FlashAirDrive to connect to the ResMed machine!!

All you need is Java and either Sleep Master or FlashPAP. . . and a FlashAir card of any size and version,

(07-26-2017, 08:05 AM)biyahero Wrote: So I guess the simplest solution to this would be that I should ask what type and capacity of FlashAir cards are you using or others using the FlashAir cards are using with the AirSense 10 Autoset machines, so I can pick a FlashAir card model and capacity that I know will function since it is functioning for other people!

Again, any size and any version will work.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2017, 08:34 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 08:05 AM)biyahero Wrote:  
But one thing that concerns me is the directions for the FlashAir say to not format it or it might not work, and if I am not mistaken when I first inserted the new Resmed SD Card I think I saw a message saying it was initializing or preparing the SD card for use.  

The formatting that the Resmed performs is to write the required files and directories to the SD card.

Any FlashAir will work.  I currently have both a W-02 and W-03.  Both cards are 16GB in size and work flawlessly.  The only reason I have the 16GB size is because they were the cheapest.  Another member from the UK reported that the 8GB were cheaper there.

All you need is Java and either Sleep Master or FlashPAP. . . and a FlashAir card of any size and version,

(07-26-2017, 08:05 AM)biyahero Wrote: So I guess the simplest solution to this would be that I should ask what type and capacity of FlashAir cards are you using or others using the FlashAir cards are using with the AirSense 10 Autoset machines, so I can pick a FlashAir card model and capacity that I know will function since it is functioning for other people!

Again, any size and any version will work.

- Red

Thanks Red!  

That pretty much answers all the concerns I had.  I'll go ahead and order one ... shipping and customs would be problematic to have it delivered where I am at the moment... but it can be waiting for me when I get back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 51 712 04-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 113 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 106 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 111 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 254 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,290 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 292 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.